INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Using the Observatory panel with a rolloff roof

• Thank you received: 42
Wolfgang,

Be glad to. I can't do it directly because my implementation is so different. But I'll do a diff between the previous rolloff files and your updated ones. Depending on what is there I might be able to change my version to incorporate those differences for testing.

/Tom
4 years 7 months ago #41714

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wolfgang,

I have not progressed to the point of checking out code.
Tried a git clone github.com/indilib/indi.git but did not see any changes to roll_off.cpp if that is what I need.
Can you give me a pointer on locating the stream/release where the changed file(s) are?

Edit
I might be further away than expected for testing. I'm running INDI 1.7.9 so assuming it is the stable build which might be why the clone doesn't fetch your changes. I run Fedora and have not yet found how to change over to a nightly repository. So might need to wait for a release or install a ubuntu system.

Thanks
Tom
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by wotalota. Reason: more confusion
4 years 7 months ago #41759

• Thank you received: 370
Hi Tom,
the changes were in indidome.cpp :
If you want to use it, check out the latest version from github and compile libindi.

HTH
- Wolfgang
4 years 7 months ago #41761

• Thank you received: 4
Tom,

Thanks for this explanation, this helps. good plan to make separate thread. I will study your solution, My aim was also to build it via Arduino but i was wondering how to communicate this back to EKOS en control it. ANyway thanks for your replay. Top

Chris
4 years 7 months ago #41774

Wolfgang,

That helped, I did a local build and tested it with all simulators including the rolloff-roof, If the simulator roof works then my variation will be okay, or I can make it so.

Your change fixed the relationship between the Observatory and rolloff-roof states. It work ed to park and unpark the roof just fine and kept them in sync.

I tested with a simple scheduler definition and there might still be an issue there. For me it opened the roof and went through the imaging steps. But when it came to closing the roof it did not and just kept repeating "Mount unparked." messages that I did not see the end of and just stopped the scheduler. This might be a problem local to my install due to mixing package manager daily updates with doing the local clone/build on the same machine. I need to sort out a better approach for doing the builds.
4 years 7 months ago #41780
Attachments:

Tom,
I think the problem with a repeated "mount parking" comes from somewhere else. I set up a similar schedule, which ran fine.

- Wolfgang
4 years 7 months ago #41785

Wolfgang,

Yes, I think the relationship between the Observatory and rolloff is working.

The mount did not park at the end because of:
2019-08-08T09:54:46 Telescope altitude is below minimum altitude limit of 0. Aborting motion...
Even though the rolloff simulator had the "Ignore Telescope" set it then failed to park.

Running the scheduler again with the telescope's altitude limits checkbox unchecked allowed it to park at the end, and then the roof would also park.

Perhaps the scheduler might have eventually stopped looping on the mount unparked message if a rain simulator was running?
Regards
Tom
4 years 7 months ago #41816

Hi Tom,
strange. I will check it whether I can reproduce it with simulators.

- Wolfgang
4 years 7 months ago #41847

I found the reason. It's a matter of the Scheduler module. When parking the mount is aborted, the Scheduler cycles in checkMountParkingStatus().

OK, that is not optimal. It seems like this case slips through, since the Scheduler has a "retry" functionality both for parking and unparking. But in your case, it would have led to the same situation - only after some retries.

- Wolfgang
The following user(s) said Thank You: wotalota
4 years 7 months ago #41878

Time to create page: 0.412 seconds