INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I want to create drivers that can work for Mallincam cameras, and I think I can start with the existing ToupCam drivers since the MallenCam devices are supported by ToupCam drivers in other platforms.
I downloaded (through git) the source library, and successfully build the INDI server on my Astroberry PI platform. However, trying to build any of the 3rd party packages gives me this:

CMake error at /home/ … /indi/cmake_modules/FindINDI.cmake:274 (message):

Could not find INDI include directory
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:11 (find_package)

Line 11 is a call to find package INDI.

This comes up with either a command line build, or going through QT Creator when first loading the CMakeLists.txt file(s) and doing the CMake for the package I want to build. I suspect there is an environment variable I need to set but Ihave not been able to find it in the documentation.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
John
4 years 8 months ago #41528

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi John,

Welcome to INDI!

Make sure to install libindi first either by compiling it and running sudo make install, or you can install it from the package manager:
sudo apt-get -y install libindi-dev
4 years 8 months ago #41532

Jasem, Thanks! That solved it.

John
4 years 8 months ago #41553

• Thank you received: 226
Welcome John! I see you wasted no time ;)
4 years 8 months ago #41554

Jasem,
I have another question. The Toupcam driver is already set up to be the driver for vendor id "0547". That driver works for my Solomark camera (product id b123) which makes sense since it was shipped with a disk of Toupcam drivers for PC and Mac systems.

The Mallincam camera also uses vendor id 0547. How does the Toupcam driver distinguish the camera product ids that it should not open?

Note the Toupcam driver also will not recognize my Orion Starshoot which is 0547:a004.

I did see that there is a rule for one product id in the 0547 vendor id within the qhyccd rules - 1002.

But this question is why and how does the Toupcam driver ignore some of the cameras?

Thanks,
John
4 years 8 months ago #41727

Time to create page: 0.785 seconds