INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Has anyone used the new iOptron Firmware with the INDI drivers?

• Thank you received: 9
I'm just curious if anyone has recently updated their ioptron mount and if it works with the current INDI drivers.
4 years 7 months ago #41786

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 76
I updated all the firmware in my CEM120 2 weeks ago and all seems ok so far. I've used it on 2 clear nights.
Derek
4 years 7 months ago #41803

• Thank you received: 133
Do you mean the official versions, or betas? I'm running 190424 on my CEM60EC. Yes, this works with the ieqlegacy driver. The new (refactored?) ieq driver seems to have issues with parking.
I have not tried the ioptronv3 lately. So far I always got timeouts when reading position, but that was also the case with the previous firmware (some 2017 version IIRC).
4 years 7 months ago #41811

• Thank you received: 4
Hoi I have received the iOptron CEM60 last week while running dry test its seems, i cant define my custom park, can some one tell me what the normal procedure is in INDI, anyway the driver doesn't pickup the park position defined via the hand controller

I am running also 190424

Chris
4 years 7 months ago #41827

• Thank you received: 420
Hoi Chris,

I couldn’t get the park position to work either with a CEM25 so decided to park it via the hand controller.

Groetjes, Wouter
4 years 7 months ago #41830

Its pitty because i like to use Indi and kstars remote, then i cant access the HC.

Chris
4 years 7 months ago #41831

• Thank you received: 420
Perhaps if you enable verbose logging and share the logs here the problem can be identified and fixed ;-)
4 years 7 months ago #41835

I'm not using beta drivers I'm using GA ones from about 2 or 3 weeks ago. board=190318 controller=190312 ra/dec=190220

Parking: Yes! there is some strangeness but its not a problem really. I discovered initially that after the INDI park slew completes, the mount immediately starts a slew to the park position configured in the handset. My solution is to set the custom park position in the handset to the same ALT AZ that I used in INDI. So for example. My park position is the eastern horizon. So I set a custom park position in the handset of ALT=0 AZ=90 and the same in INDI. Now I have no problems parking and unparking.
Derek
4 years 7 months ago #41836

I will share the logs, but please share first what the normal procedure is to save the the park position in indi. which staps to take?

Thanks

chris
4 years 7 months ago #41839

Chris,
To set the park position here is what I do.
Slew the scope to where you want to park. Then open the indi panel from kstars. Then click the telescope driver tab, then click 'Site Management'
Then click 'Current' in park options, then click 'Write data'

Derek
4 years 7 months ago #41842
Attachments:

derek thanks for your reaction , i think the park buttons must be still investigated. it looks like it doesn't save a new position and purge the data doens't help in this
but setting the park position with the hand in indi Control workes for me now AZ: 90 en ALT 0,

Greetings

Thanks

Chris
4 years 7 months ago #41845

Thanks for testing the driver. Recently, I did a major overhaul of the driver to support the new firmware. If you want the old driver, just use iEQ Legacy.

For the new default drivers, I will need the logs to figure out what's going on with the parking position. It differs depending on what model you have.

If you are using KStars, then to slew a custom parking position, simply click anywhere on the sky map --> right click --> iOptron --> Slew & Park here. This should slew the mount and park it at this location. Check ~/.indi/ParkData.xml to verify the parking data.

Enable INDI+Mount logging and then share the log file.
4 years 7 months ago #41853

Time to create page: 1.153 seconds