INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Has anyone used the new iOptron Firmware with the INDI drivers?

• Thank you received: 4
Yep i understand , i think, it doesn't save the parking position it wil go back to the zero position. (you dont see the current changing)
But wen moving de Dec change little) in some direction the current can be updated and will be updated and will be saved.

Do you mean this behavour, for me it works as i wanted. but if we need to test in this topic give shout ;-) have nice weekend

Chris
4 years 7 months ago #42384

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 133

Yes, an old post I'm answering to... I just had another glitch related to the parking issue. Last night, I just parked my scope as usual, but without going outside to cover it and check. This morning I saw it parked at some 45 degree position of the CWB.
I first thought the gears had lost steps or something, but everything worked fine, pointing, going to HOME etc.

It took me a while to realize that the site location reported by the GPS had changed, from 28:45:37 to 28:45:34.
And of course the stored parking position was for :37 altitude..... Of course the parking algorithm took 'properly' care of this by rotating RA to be able to reach that position :o

My personal conclusion for that dilemma would be to use the Zero/Home position for 'Default'. However, the park command will always go to the position stored in the mount, and that likely also would do a miss-pointing in that case(?).
So go to zero, take whatever coordinates you end up with, and store those, so you can park? Or use a placeholder for ALT that is always replaced by the sites latitude? Or don't park, but just switch off tracking?
How do other mount drivers park?
4 years 6 months ago #42659

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.528 seconds