INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstroPi3 Scripts revised

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

3 years 3 months ago #64789

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 812
I would say you are right.
3 years 3 months ago #64790

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

setupAstroRaspbianPi.sh includes code that comments out dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d/ in /boot/config.txt.
This line must be left uncommented to use the second HDMI output on a Raspberry Pi 4.
# This comments out a line in Raspbian's config file that seems to prevent the desired screen resolution in VNC
# The logic here is that if the line does exist, and if the line is not commented out, comment it out.
if [ -n "$(grep '^dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d' '/boot/config.txt')" ]
then
    sed -i "s/dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d/#dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d/g" /boot/config.txt
fi
if [ -n "$(grep '^dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d' '/boot/config.txt')" ]
then
    sed -i "s/dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d/#dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d/g" /boot/config.txt
fi

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob Lancaster
3 years 1 week ago #69746

• Thank you received: 19
I've just tried to update my setupAstroRaspbianPi.sh script but it fails on the connection tests to the websites, if I comment out the first line checkForConnection ZRam-script "raw.githubusercontent.com/novaspirit/rpi_zram/master/zram.sh" it then fails at the next line, checkForConnection INDI-Git-Repo "github.com/indilib/indi.git" and so on for all the checks. if I run the script with the all the checks commented out it fails at the connection to the website.  I've copied & pasted the website addresses into the browser on the Pi and it finds the website straight away, so I know it's not the internet connection and the sites are not down for any reason.  I tried the setupAstroPi3.sh on the latest version of Mate and it runs fine. However I prefer the Raspberrypi OS version as I think it runs smoother over VNC and is more stable. 
I've also tried re-running the script on a setup from a couple of months ago and that fails as well due to the same issue.  Has anyone else seen this or have a solution to it?

Many Thanks
Alan
3 years 6 days ago #69974

• Thank you received: 41
With the new Raspbian 64bits, the version of curl installed doesn't shows a textual description of the response. you can replace line 37:
if [[ "${testCommand}" == *"OK"* || "${testCommand}" == *"Moved"* ]]

with
if [[ "${testCommand}" == *"200"* || "${testCommand}" == *"301"* ]]

With this changes I was able to build an AstroPi3 64bits system. Unfortunately at this moment, KStars fails at build time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob Lancaster, Alan Archer
3 years 5 days ago #70026

Many Thanks for the reply, I'll try that tonight.
3 years 4 days ago #70052

The script ran through with the line changed as recommended, but KSTARS fails to build on the Raspberry Pi 32 bit OS as well. I thought something wasn't right as the script completed too quickly.
3 years 4 days ago #70060

I just made an update for the change in curl.  It should find the websites now.  Please see if this fixes the problem.
3 years 4 days ago #70067

Andrew, I just updated the documentation for the line you mentioned to explain the issue with a 2nd Monitor.  Please check that it correctly explains the problem.
3 years 4 days ago #70068

Rob, I've just tried the revised script and it runs through but again it fails to build KSTARS I caught the error shown on the terminal as below I used option 1 for the KSTARS install in the script

Thank you for looking into this.

make[2]: *** [kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/build.make:788: kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/KStarsLib_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1385: kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:141: all] Error 2

Alan
3 years 4 days ago #70071

• Thank you received: 41
Hi Alan,

Take a look to this thread indilib.org/forum/development/9372-compi...t-github-source.html. I've successfully compiled KStars/Ekos on 64bits Raspbian using the commit commented on this thread.

Rafa
3 years 4 days ago #70072

Rafa, Thank You, I will. I’m using the 32 bit system at the moment, but I’m willing to try the 64 bit OS to see if that improves the performance on the Pi
3 years 4 days ago #70073

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds