INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstroPi3 Scripts revised

• Thank you received: 140

Replied by AstroNerd on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

No, not running any other...and have made sure, but error still comes up, also have run update on older pi3 and Kstars is fine..so not sure, but was fine before I ran the script again.. :(
4 years 7 months ago #42149

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
Did you try

killall indiserver?
4 years 7 months ago #42150

Yep, no other running..
4 years 7 months ago #42151

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

I get no IP address when I connect the Pi to my desktop. How do I set up the network manager to automatically connect to the LAN?

Ok I solved it. I had to remove the ethernet configuration from the network manager. It then automatically connected to my PC and assigned it an IP address in the correct range.
I re-ran the script and used that IP address. All is well now.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Andrew.
4 years 7 months ago #42154

I'm not sure I understand. You are connecting the PI to your desktop or laptop computer with an ethernet cable? Are you away from the network in a field, or are you trying to connect it to your router with ethernet? I'm not sure what you are trying to do here.

In my script, I set it up to respond to a plugged in Ethernet cable by doing 2 things. 1. Connect to your LAN and get an IP address via DHCP if you plug in an ethernet cable connected to your router. This "Connection" is called Wired DHCP Ethernet and it tries that first. 2. If the first one fails, to switch to a network with a static IP address for connecting directly to a laptop when there is no internet in the middle of an observing field. That is the "Link Local" connection.
4 years 7 months ago #42156

I will try rebuilding kstars on my pi and see if I get the same error.
4 years 7 months ago #42157

I think you might as a few people have up to yet, nothing to do with your script I might add.. :)
4 years 7 months ago #42159

No the error doesn’t have anything to do with my script but if there is some sort of KStars error, and it is revealed this way, we should see what it is.
4 years 7 months ago #42160

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

RLANCASTE:
I have resolved it, see edited comment above. But so you understand. No, I do not use a PC in the field. I have a portable display and keyboard directly connected to the Pi.
At home though, when I am setting things up and messing around on the Pi I like to use VNC connection to the pi from my PC via an ethernet cable connected to one of the 2 network ports my desktop has. So it doesn't even go through my home network router, but the internet is shared through the PC.
I think my issue was that the first time I ran the script I stated Yes to making a static IP, but then wasn't sure when to enter at the time. So I continued without entering the any IP. It seemed to recognise it was invalid and moved on with the process.
It did create the 'Wired DHCP Ethernet' connection, but not the second Link Local Ethernet when I did that.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Andrew.
4 years 7 months ago #42161

Clever bloke like you might, but I ain’t gotta clue what I’m looking for.. :)
4 years 7 months ago #42162

I just did a complete rebuild with the latest git. I can't reproduce the error you reported with KStars. The internal simulator started and worked fine and then I tried with INDIWeb Manager app "remotely" and it worked fine too. I don't understand why you would get a message that an INDIServer is running when one clearly is not. We can ask Jasem.
4 years 7 months ago #42165

Hmm, maybe my script could check the IP to make sure it is a valid IP when the user enters it, if it is not, it could warn the user and stop trying to add the Link Local connection. . .Let me consider that. Probably what happened was that the script tried to create Link Local with the invalid IP you entered and Network Manager probably rejected it.
4 years 7 months ago #42166

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds