INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstroPi3 Scripts revised

• Thank you received: 1
I just tried inserting a USB stick into one of the USB ports on my RP4 (installed Tuesday this week). It worked without problems. Tested in both the USB2 and the USB3 ports. All worked.
SkyWatcher ED80 Pro
Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod with EQDIR cable
ZWO ASI294MC Pro imaging camera
QHY5L-II-C guide camera on 50mm guidescope
DeepSkyDad AF3 autofocuser
Raspberry Pi 4 4GB running Kstars/Ekos
4 years 6 months ago #42699

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140

Replied by AstroNerd on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

Yyyiiipppeeeeeeeeee, so do most other people’s, but mine don’t...
4 years 6 months ago #42702

Thanks, I will take a look at that line in the file and the option above you suggested, hopefully it will be one of them.. :)
4 years 6 months ago #42703

Nope, still the same.
But don’t spend any more time on this , as I am going back to Stellarmate, as I can deal with the issues that has, but cant deal with no USB drive...
many thanks for your patience and time.. :)
4 years 6 months ago #42720

• Thank you received: 50

Replied by Avocette on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

Gaining more experience of KStars/Ekos/Indi running on Raspbian Buster on the RPi4 4GB!
Thanks so much for your ongoing work on the script. On Thursday I finally got my week old version working successfully carrying out Polar Alignment. During the ‘struggle’ over the intervening days, I had downloaded nearly a full set of solver index files, clogging up my SD card so I thought I’d run the latest script and do a fresh install. During the build I could see that at times all four cores were running at 100%. :) When completed I plugged in the Canon DSLR USB cable which didn’t result in any adverse mounting as a memory device etc. :) However with a USB key, the memory device was mounted and the dialogue screen opened offering the usual options. :)
Thanks again for your effort (and sorry if I’m not using Linux terminology correctly).
4 years 6 months ago #42725

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

It appears that the fundamental necessities required are now met by your script. Kudos to you. Thank you for your hard work.
Looking ahead there are some other applications for planetary imaging that could be possibly added if compatible. Such as:

Planetary Imager
planetaryimager.gulinux.net/downloads
oaCapture
www.openastroproject.org/oacapture/
wxAstroCapture
github.com/wxAstro/wxAstroCapture
SER Player
github.com/cgarry/ser-player
4 years 6 months ago #42828

• Thank you received: 809
Thank you very much. Actually for several years now, the original AstroPi3 script that I wrote for Ubuntu MATE worked very well for me and a number of others too. There were some flaws, but it still worked great as a hub for astrophotography. I am hoping that many of these flaws have now been fixed and I did make a number of upgrades too. The most significant thing is that it now has versions that can work on other systems. There is still room for improvement, but I think it improved quite a bit over the last month or so.

Yes, planetary imaging programs would be a good addition. I did investigate this before, and started making a script for one of them awhile back, but I was focused on the other items and did not finish it. Probably the planetary stuff would be a separate script that could be run if desired.
4 years 6 months ago #42830

• Thank you received: 74
@RLANCASTE

Question on Udev rules script - it looks like you rely on each device being unique but I have had problems using CH340 chipped devices which do not have any unique way of identifying the device.

Forgive me in case I am wrong (more than likely :-) )but the Udev rules script does not have anyway to use "position" (e.g. always position 1) which is the only way I know of that can be used if the Product Id ,serial etc are the same.

Future request maybe - Docker version so that we can have different versions on the one SD/SSD device and change quickly - if thats possible ?
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
4 years 6 months ago #42836

Nope you are not wrong. At the moment, the udev rules script is based upon vendor id, product id, and serial. There are more complex rules that can be made as you describe, and it can be improved in the future, but this is what it does for now. I would have to learn how to write those rules first :-)

I don't know anything about the last request. I have no experience with docker. But what do you mean different versions of what? The script, INDI, KStars, Operating systems?
4 years 6 months ago #42837

• Thank you received: 74
Unfortunately a lot of Nano's are CH340 chipped based and so are a lot of ESP "stuff" - all appear to have no uniqueness so you have to buy other vendor's. It would be nice to have it one day. :-)

" I have no experience with docker" nor me :-)

I was thinking of just Indi/Kstars on Raspbian as we can't use the same method as Ubuntu update for Kstars/Ekos/Indi as I understand it . :-)

OK thanks for the answer :-)
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
4 years 6 months ago #42840

Oh I see,

Jasem has been looking at turning KSTARS & INDI into flatpak or snap packages, which would accomplish your goal and make the software much easier to install on many systems, but he ran into some issues. Maybe someday.
4 years 6 months ago #42842

• Thank you received: 15

Replied by Tom on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

Hi,

Conkyrc not showing hostname header and temperature anymore after latest update.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Tom.
4 years 6 months ago #42991

Time to create page: 0.888 seconds