INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstroPi3 Scripts revised

• Thank you received: 2
Thank you so much for the continued work on the AstroPi3 script. I used it flawlessly last week to install everything on my new Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB) and it went off without a hitch.
I noticed that a new version of indi library was released yesterday, and was wondering what the process is for updating kstars / indi libraries etc. as new versions are rolled out? Is it possible to rerun the script to get the system to download latest code and then it will automagically rebuild indi library / kstars etc?
4 years 6 months ago #43143

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
So if you are using it on a Raspberry Pi 4 with Raspbian, you can just run the script again. If you are using Ubuntu-Mate, you can click my "software update" icon in the utilities folder. It will run an update script. I haven't revised it to update everything for Raspbian yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feilim Breatnach
4 years 6 months ago #43150

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

A standalone script specifically for updating indi/kstars would be good to have on raspbian.
4 years 6 months ago #43154

Yep, so basically my plan will be to take the section of the script devoted to building kstars/INDI and make a separate script specifically for that. It's really the same code that already exists in the script, it just means taking it out and copying it into a new script. The new script would also have the system update that the system update script does. I will get to that soon, I have had a lot of other things to do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feilim Breatnach
4 years 6 months ago #43156

• Thank you received: 2
Thanks a million, I ran the systemUpdater script first and am now re-running the setupAstroRaspbian script to do the git pull and rebuild of kstars & indi which seems to be doing its thing just fine :)
4 years 6 months ago #43157

• Thank you received: 15

Replied by Tom on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

Raspbian OS 64bit kernel is up! Sudo rpi-update now.... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avocette
4 years 6 months ago #43485

• Thank you received: 50

Replied by Avocette on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

Should we expect a significant performance improvement? I am now running my AP system on an RPi4B2GB in a flirc case which keeps the temperature nicely stable around 35°-40° outdoors. Performance is already amazing me and astro friends with typical Ekos alignment solves at around 10 seconds.
4 years 6 months ago #43486

• Thank you received: 420
In order to change from a 32 bit to a 64 bit system much more is needed than a 64 bit kernel. All libraries and compiled applications need to be changed as well. I’d recommend sticking with the 32 bit system if the performance is good or do a completely new system install.

Wouter
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Wouter van Reeven.
4 years 6 months ago #43487

• Thank you received: 140

Replied by AstroNerd on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

So with this new 64 bit Raspbian, will this AstroPI3 script work ok...??
4 years 6 months ago #43496

One word of caution. Jasem is currently working today/tomorrow (not sure how long?) on splitting the INDI repo into libindi and 3rd Party. Once he finishes that, I will update all my build scripts, but I will wait until he says it is done. I'm not sure if this will break the current scripts or not
4 years 6 months ago #43503

Ok I believe I have fixed the scripts to work with the new split repo structure of INDI.

Enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avocette
4 years 6 months ago #43579

• Thank you received: 420
Nice! I suppose the split repo will be announced in due time? It is not in the Download section of the website. Yet I suppose...
4 years 6 months ago #43589

Time to create page: 1.135 seconds