INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstroPi3 Scripts revised

• Thank you received: 809
That could have something to do with the fact that you might still be using KStars 3.3.6 on your client machine, I'm not sure. In a couple of days, you should have 3.3.7 and then maybe it will be fixed.
4 years 4 months ago #45577

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Thx, I checked your hint…
Even if I use the INDI Web Manager App on the PI4 and connect to the local drivers, the "Synscan Legacy" Driver is not listed - see attachment #1
If I use KStars 3.3.7 on the PI4, it is displayed - see attachment #2
I also checked some other mount drivers and I noticed some differences e.g. Celestron CGEM and AVX drivers not listed in WebManager, but in KStars!?
Why is there a mismatch between Web Manager and KStars app?
4 years 4 months ago #45593
Attachments:

It is possible that Jasem might need to update INDI web. Let me check with him.
4 years 4 months ago #45595

• Thank you received: 8
I am starting from scratch with a clean install of ubuntu 18.04 on my fanless mini-pc with intel processor.

Which script is best for me to use to setup?

Thank you.
4 years 4 months ago #45759

setupUbuntuSBC.sh is the one that is designed for that.
4 years 4 months ago #45764

Just to confirm, I do not have -Mate version. Just standard Ubuntu. Will it break or am I required to install mate desktop first? I am not really a fan of mate desktop so I am trying to avoid that. Thank you
4 years 4 months ago #45766

no it won't break. I designed that script for general ubuntu. There is one command that is supposed to prevent the screensaver from coming on and that might not work. But most of the other command should work properly.
4 years 4 months ago #45768

Ok great. I scanned through the script and some mention of lightdm and some mate related folders so I was concerned. I'll press ahead.

Thank you
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Micheal Fields.
4 years 4 months ago #45769

Well yes there are many flavors of ubuntu, different window managers, file managers, etc. So if you have a different one than the ones I coded for, then that function might not work, but it won't break the overall script. As long as you have ubuntu, the most important parts of this script should work perfectly. The things that might not work are things like setting the account to auto login, turning off the screensaver, etc.
4 years 4 months ago #45770

Rasbian on my Rp4 I was trying out the script this morning and ran into a problem reaching GSC distro

checkForConnection GSC-Source "cdsarc.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/nph-Cat/tar.gz?bincats/GSC_1.2"

Could not be found/connected to. Site seems to be down. Hopefully it is just a glitch.

Thought you should know.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Micheal Fields.
4 years 4 months ago #45873

Looks like the whole cdsarc.u-strasbg.fr server is down. I just pinged it. Maybe we will need to wait and see. You can always install everything else, it doesn't absolutely require that package to function, you just won't get stars in the CCD Simulator.
4 years 4 months ago #45874

Sounds good. I'll comment out the line and the section where it installs and carry on. Then later I'll attempt to re-install.

BTW, have you looked further into adding ASTAP install and their stellar catalog install as part of your script? Even if it is an option you could querry for "Install ASTAP and Catalog?" [Y/N] or whatever. That would be great.

Thanks!
4 years 4 months ago #45875

Time to create page: 0.616 seconds