INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstroPi3 Scripts revised

• Thank you received: 8
Ok great. I scanned through the script and some mention of lightdm and some mate related folders so I was concerned. I'll press ahead.

Thank you
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Micheal Fields.
4 years 4 months ago #45769

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
Well yes there are many flavors of ubuntu, different window managers, file managers, etc. So if you have a different one than the ones I coded for, then that function might not work, but it won't break the overall script. As long as you have ubuntu, the most important parts of this script should work perfectly. The things that might not work are things like setting the account to auto login, turning off the screensaver, etc.
4 years 4 months ago #45770

Rasbian on my Rp4 I was trying out the script this morning and ran into a problem reaching GSC distro

checkForConnection GSC-Source "cdsarc.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/nph-Cat/tar.gz?bincats/GSC_1.2"

Could not be found/connected to. Site seems to be down. Hopefully it is just a glitch.

Thought you should know.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Micheal Fields.
4 years 4 months ago #45873

Looks like the whole cdsarc.u-strasbg.fr server is down. I just pinged it. Maybe we will need to wait and see. You can always install everything else, it doesn't absolutely require that package to function, you just won't get stars in the CCD Simulator.
4 years 4 months ago #45874

Sounds good. I'll comment out the line and the section where it installs and carry on. Then later I'll attempt to re-install.

BTW, have you looked further into adding ASTAP install and their stellar catalog install as part of your script? Even if it is an option you could querry for "Install ASTAP and Catalog?" [Y/N] or whatever. That would be great.

Thanks!
4 years 4 months ago #45875

• Thank you received: 140

Replied by AstroNerd on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

Just a request really....
I have used your script, and the whole set up is really good, but is there another small script that could automate the update process, but just running a script and it updating just Kstars and INdI, rather than the manual way of doing the git pull, then Make install on each one in turn..?.
Just an idea... :)
4 years 4 months ago #45880

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

The portion of the script that builds PHD2 includes the condition -DOPENSOURCE_ONLY=1 which is not used by default and should be removed. This option builds a version of PHD2 that does not include the QHY, ZWO and other camera binaries, thus the list of internally supported cameras is limited; excluding ZWO ASI, ToupTek, QHY 5, and Omegon Pro cameras from the list.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob Lancaster
4 years 4 months ago #46207

Thanks for the heads up! Just changed that!
4 years 4 months ago #46213

• Thank you received: 15
Hello,

I am on AstroBerry 2.0. I ran the Raspian script as AstroBerry 2.0 is Buster based. The script dies at “ 12% Building CXX indifilterwheel.ccp.o. This is an RPI3 b+. CPU goes to 100% and the helm is locked.
4 years 4 months ago #46314

• Thank you received: 15

Replied by Tom on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

Another issue of applying AstroPi3 script n top of Astroberry is my QHY ccd cannot detect in Astroberry. :( Others all okay. Any idea?
4 years 4 months ago #46334

• Thank you received: 140

Replied by AstroNerd on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

Why would you even need to run this script ontop of Astroberry, it’s already all there... I’m confused....
4 years 4 months ago #46337

I am likewise a little confused, but it should work if they want to run it unless there is some custom installation stuff that Astroberry has. One issue I have seen on a couple of systems is that the installation directory for the libraries is different and so when building, the Indi drivers are looking for them in one directory when they were installed in another directory. This sort of thing is not actually a problem with my script but a build issue for INDI, because for the most part, my script is using the standard installation procedure for INDI.
4 years 4 months ago #46338

Time to create page: 0.832 seconds