INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstroPi3 Scripts revised

• Thank you received: 812
I just made an update for the change in curl.  It should find the websites now.  Please see if this fixes the problem.
3 years 4 days ago #70067

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Andrew, I just updated the documentation for the line you mentioned to explain the issue with a 2nd Monitor.  Please check that it correctly explains the problem.
3 years 4 days ago #70068

• Thank you received: 19
Rob, I've just tried the revised script and it runs through but again it fails to build KSTARS I caught the error shown on the terminal as below I used option 1 for the KSTARS install in the script

Thank you for looking into this.

make[2]: *** [kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/build.make:788: kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/KStarsLib_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1385: kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:141: all] Error 2

Alan
3 years 4 days ago #70071

• Thank you received: 41
Hi Alan,

Take a look to this thread indilib.org/forum/development/9372-compi...t-github-source.html. I've successfully compiled KStars/Ekos on 64bits Raspbian using the commit commented on this thread.

Rafa
3 years 4 days ago #70072

• Thank you received: 19
Rafa, Thank You, I will. I’m using the 32 bit system at the moment, but I’m willing to try the 64 bit OS to see if that improves the performance on the Pi
3 years 4 days ago #70073

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

FYI for anyone else encountering build issues that resemble this . I had a bit of an issue compiling KStars with the script recently when the script did not properly recompile updates to Stellarsolver 2.0. Although it looked like it recompiled it, something old must have remained that caused an issue. Solution should be as simple as deleting old build files.
1 year 11 months ago #82480

I had an issue compiling Core INDI today, reported as 'Could not find Libev'. It was a simple fix to reinstall/update it.
sudo apt-get install libev-dev
1 year 9 months ago #83664

Yep, that's a brand new dependency. I will have to update all my scripts for building Kstars to include it.
1 year 9 months ago #83667

Thank you.
I also encountered this while building KStars at a point when it is generating files called Options.h and Options.cpp.
Googling 'Too many signals to create unique bit masks' is no help. Any idea what's going on there?
I've deleted everything in the AstroRoot folder to try from a completely clean build. I'm still waiting to see if that helps.

Edit: It failed to compile again
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Andrew.
1 year 9 months ago #83668
Attachments:

That looks to me like a bug in the KStars build. I will look into it. There aren't a lot of results when I google that message, so I don't think it is a common issue, but maybe some recent change in KStars caused this.
1 year 9 months ago #83674

It's due to recent change in KStars options. I've added a method around that for older systems, please git pull and try again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew
1 year 9 months ago #83679

Seems to be working. Thank you :)
Can you elaborate on the 'older systems' point?
Is a system resources issue? I was compiling on a Raspberry Pi 4 with only 4gb of memory.
1 year 9 months ago #83689

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds