INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

MacOS: Unable to find INDI Drivers directory

• Thank you received: 5
Hello everyone!

So, I tried to install KStars/EKOS on my Mac yesterday and I got this message when I opened it. I click OK and I get KStars working fine, but EKOS grinds to a halt when I hit the Play button, same message, then the whole thing freezes and I have to Force Quit. My intention is to use EKOS for imaging control direct from my Mac for the moment, then transition to a headless system using RPi4 once I'm familiar with the software.

This was a completely fresh install of KStars 3.2.2 as downloaded from here indilib.org/download/osx.html. My impression was the package would install all the necessary INDI Servers/Drivers, but looks like it hasn't. The ReadMe guide refers to every other sub-directory we might need to use...except this one.

I tried KStars/EKOS a few months ago, but ended up putting it aside after a few notoriously unstable MacOS builds, and my StellarMate RPi3 failed with a hardware issue. I understand it's much more stable now, so I'm really looking forward to giving it another try!
4 years 7 months ago #41982
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
I'm sorry but I'm not sure how this happened. Did you go through the Startup Wizard that should have popped up when KStars first opened? At that time the data directory should have gotten copied over and a number of the settings like the ones you just mentioned should have been set properly. Did you somehow cancel out of it, or was there an error when the Startup wizard was running? All of the drivers are inside the app bundle. There are no drivers to install unless you want to install and build all the drivers yourself using homebrew. If you do want to use the drivers and programs inside the app bundle, then please go into the KStars Preferences and check to make sure that the following boxes are checked.

Once INDI starts up, you should naviage to the Align panel, click on options and make sure these are checked too:

This should fix the problem

Thanks,
Rob
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Rob Lancaster.
4 years 7 months ago #41985
Attachments:

Wow, quick reply! Thanks, that seems to have fixed it, there must have been some interruption to the Wizard. I didn't have the Python box, but that's the only difference. I'll see how I go.
4 years 7 months ago #41990

3.2.2 is actually an old download. Please download 3.3.4 from edu.kde.org/kstars
4 years 7 months ago #41997

Thanks Jasem, downloading 3.3.4 now.
4 years 7 months ago #42029

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds