They responded to me a week ago concerning pin-out and their Robofocus/Moonlite cable. They said the cable was good for the UPBv2 and Moonlite.
This is the cable I got.
I'll try the 50% trick and if that doesn't work, I'll have to just try ASCOM to make sure everything is okay. I know Windows is stable because Pegasus Astro coded on Windows specifically for ASCOM. If the pinout is different that what they recommend, I am going to be *&$'ed
Pegasus UPB : [WARNING] Received wrong number of detailed sensor data. Retrying...
When it happens, all of the data fields go to zero and I can't control any of the functions. The only way to recover is to disconnect all of my USB connections on the Indi panel, and then slowly connect them one by one.
I would be glad to upload my log if someone would explain how to turn it on and where it is located.
I finally got the opportunity to try out my Powerbox V2. I connected everything up, and plugged it into my Mac laptop. At first I got sensor warnings, and the focuser wouldn't move. It appeared some tabs had red indicators on them showing something wasn't working correctly. So while it was plugged in, I went into the EKOS driver panel and rebooted the power box. After a minute, I disconnected devices, and restarted the INDI Server, then hit the connect button. This time, everything came up green, and no sensor warnings. I tested out the Moonlite focuser and it works! Very happy about this, power to all cameras, focuser, dew heaters, etc, and have only 1 device now!
I just hope it's reliable in the field.
Only one issue I spotted is that Dew controller A is outputting power, but Dew controller B is not. I don't know if it's mis-reporting this, or if there's some issue I'm not aware of. I've not read the instructions on any of this, as it mostly seem straight forward.
See attached screenshots of my tabs. I'm assuming the UPB driver is the same for V1 and V2 of the box? Firmware is reporting as V1.3
Next step is to try it out on my RPi4 with StellarMate.
I was able to test on the RPi4 with the StellarMate beta installed. Works the exact same. Once you connect the devices and start the server, you have to initiate a reboot of the UPB2 as for some reason upon first connection it doesn't recognize it's sensors. But once you initiate a reboot, disconnect, stop server, and restart everything it runs just fine.
I'm still seeing the issue of no power draw from dew controller B. I should have tested C, but didn't. I'll give that a go and see if it shows anything different.
I re-ran the connection to the powerbox tonight with logging on. Of course I experienced no issues this time. I'm not sure what's different. I even rebooted and reconnected the devices to the powerbox and it worked on first attempt. I attached the log from this evening when it worked perfectly, as well as the log from last night (which had more drivers being logged, and is a larger file) when the errors occurred.
In both cases, I still do not see any amps being drawn by dew heaters B and C. Only A seems to draw any power. I made sure to turn them on in tonights log.
OK, here are a few UPBv2 logs from this evening. Just for clarity, my system is off-grid with a solar panel/12V battery setup. It is completely powered down between sessions, so I am always starting from a cold boot.
The first log went well. I left all the USB devices plugged in and powered up the mini pc and UPB at the same time. I started Kstars and Ekos - Ekos connected to all the Indi devices automatically. I was able to turn the dew heaters on and off at various levels everything looked great.
Then the troubles started. I disconnected and rebooted. When Ekos tried to connect to the UPB it could not find an open port. It tried automatic cycling and I tried manually as well. I disconnected other devices and tinkered around for a while. Eventually the driver crashed. It crashed many times even after a reboot. Finally I cut power to both the mini pc and the UPB and restarted everthing. I turned off the auto-connect in the Indi settings and manually connected the UPB first, and then added the other devices one by one. That seemed to work.
It seems like I'm having USB conflicts that are different each boot. Not sure at all if it is related to the UPBv2 Indi driver or just my Newbie-ness with Linux. Hopefully this helps a bit