INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ultimate Powerbox v2 - connectivity issues?

• Thank you received: 5
Hello,

Try setting the speed to 50%. Also, how do you have your rj45 to db9 wired? Have you tested the adjustable voltage output?
And, here is a link regarding log submission.

indilib.org/support/logs-submission.html

Kindly
cl330b
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by cl330b.
4 years 7 months ago #42922

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
I use the Pegasus Astro DB9 to RJ45 cable. The pinout is good.

I'll try the power recommendations tonight. Thanks!
4 years 7 months ago #42968

I use the Pegasus Astro DB9 to RJ45 cable. The pinout is good.

I'll try the power recommendations tonight. I'm not sure what you mean by checking the adjustable voltage output.
4 years 7 months ago #42969

The UPBv2 has an adjustable DC output. It's right next to the USB ports. I cannot get any voltage out of that port. I have emailed Pegasus Astro regarding this and the focuser issues. I have not heard back from them. It's been almost a week....

I also had to reverse the A/-A B/-B on my Pegasus rj45 to db9. My Moonlite focuser runs the proper direction but will only do so at 50% or less. Anything higher and the stepper motor starts to click and buzz.

Kindly
cl330b
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
4 years 7 months ago #42971

Ah okay.

I am definitely not recrimping this perfectly good cable to fix my pinout... to fix a Pegasus issue...

I'll add that my first UPBv2 had a tiny internal fire and had to be RMA'ed. I didn't go over 12.8v in power input. I'm hoping there aren't more surprises. This thread is honestly the only place I've seen this device talked about... And it is an INDI board.
4 years 7 months ago #42974

• Thank you received: 140
The first UPB, which I have, will take an input of anything between 11 and 15v, I use a 13.8v supply for my kit, as most skywatcher mounts require at least 13.8v to run well....and will take up to 16v....
So you do well with just a 12.8v Input..
I have a few internal issues with my v1 unit, and can’t get a response from Pegasus, and they used to be so prompt at replying..not sure what has happened, but they don’t seem quite as on the ball as they used to be...
but it’s a great piece of kit..(when it works as it should) :)
4 years 7 months ago #42976

They responded to me a week ago concerning pin-out and their Robofocus/Moonlite cable. They said the cable was good for the UPBv2 and Moonlite. This is the cable I got.
I'll try the 50% trick and if that doesn't work, I'll have to just try ASCOM to make sure everything is okay. I know Windows is stable because Pegasus Astro coded on Windows specifically for ASCOM. If the pinout is different that what they recommend, I am going to be *&$&#'ed
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Kevin J Ware.
4 years 7 months ago #42980

• Thank you received: 139
My Powerbox V2 just came in. I've yet to try it out. I don't have a good way to mount it yet, but I plan to at least run the cable sand see if it works.

What's the best way to set this up in the profile? Do you set it up as an AUX device? Or do you set it up under focuser?
4 years 7 months ago #43167

Hello lead_weight,

You'll set it up as an aux device. Please let us know if you're seeing the same issues as above. Please upload the logs as well.

Kindly
cl330b
4 years 7 months ago #43169

• Thank you received: 4
I am also seeing the following message in yellow:

Pegasus UPB : [WARNING] Received wrong number of detailed sensor data. Retrying...

When it happens, all of the data fields go to zero and I can't control any of the functions. The only way to recover is to disconnect all of my USB connections on the Indi panel, and then slowly connect them one by one.

I would be glad to upload my log if someone would explain how to turn it on and where it is located.
4 years 6 months ago #43886

I finally got the opportunity to try out my Powerbox V2. I connected everything up, and plugged it into my Mac laptop. At first I got sensor warnings, and the focuser wouldn't move. It appeared some tabs had red indicators on them showing something wasn't working correctly. So while it was plugged in, I went into the EKOS driver panel and rebooted the power box. After a minute, I disconnected devices, and restarted the INDI Server, then hit the connect button. This time, everything came up green, and no sensor warnings. I tested out the Moonlite focuser and it works! Very happy about this, power to all cameras, focuser, dew heaters, etc, and have only 1 device now!

I just hope it's reliable in the field.

Only one issue I spotted is that Dew controller A is outputting power, but Dew controller B is not. I don't know if it's mis-reporting this, or if there's some issue I'm not aware of. I've not read the instructions on any of this, as it mostly seem straight forward.

See attached screenshots of my tabs. I'm assuming the UPB driver is the same for V1 and V2 of the box? Firmware is reporting as V1.3

Next step is to try it out on my RPi4 with StellarMate.
4 years 6 months ago #44038

I was able to test on the RPi4 with the StellarMate beta installed. Works the exact same. Once you connect the devices and start the server, you have to initiate a reboot of the UPB2 as for some reason upon first connection it doesn't recognize it's sensors. But once you initiate a reboot, disconnect, stop server, and restart everything it runs just fine.

I'm still seeing the issue of no power draw from dew controller B. I should have tested C, but didn't. I'll give that a go and see if it shows anything different.
4 years 6 months ago #44055

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds