INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ultimate Powerbox v2 - connectivity issues?

• Thank you received: 5
I too have experienced issues with Moonlite focus stepper and UPBv2. I spoke with Pegasus Astro about this and was told that the Moonlite stepper is what they used for testing. I have found that reducing the speed to 50% in the indi control panel has helped yet I'm still not convinced it's working as well as the Moonlite controller.

I did manage to borrow a windows computer (I do not own one) and test the Pegasus Astro control software with the moonlite focuser and the stepper appeared to operate normally.

Waiting to receive the unit back for further testing.

I have shipped the unit back due to the variable output not working and I'm waiting to get it back to actually use the device for imaging.

I am using ZWO ASi 1600mm-pro and ASI 120mm-s cameras and I've also experienced connectivity issues using the built-in USB hub. Is anyone else experiencing these issues?
4 years 5 months ago #44330

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 139
I’ve not experienced any intermittent issues with the USB, so far that part has worked well for me.

There are a bunch of settings for the focuser that I’m not entirely sure what they do. They’re all set to 0. I’m sure some of these settings might need to be tweaked. There’s nothing in the manual that explains these settings. So I plan on asking Pegasus what they do.
4 years 5 months ago #44331

Hmmm why would that be the case? Does the Windows Pegasus astro version have any more functionality than the INDI driver? Is there any log from the Windows software? perhaps we can compare the set max speed (SS) and move Stepper to new position (SM) to what the INDI driver sends.

EDIT: I communicated with Pegasus Astro and the maximum speed should be set to less than 1000. I saw in one the previous logs a speed of 65535 which is set by the firmware when the speed is invalid. So check the maximum speed and set it to a reasonable value for your focuser and then check its
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
4 years 5 months ago #44340

I heard from Evans at Pegasus Astro, and here's what he said.

I'll be adjusting my max motor speed to reflect this since it was not the default setting. Hopefully that will make it work properly.
4 years 5 months ago #44341

@knro

Evans has come back to me because the setting for motor speed is incorrect. Right now it's set up as 0-100% for speed. It should be 0-600. The settings should look like it does in the PC driver, see attached. He's supposed to send you a note on this.

Thanks!

The following user(s) said Thank You: cl330b
4 years 5 months ago #44348
Attachments:

Ok, I thought making it percentage wise would make it easier. But I guess I'll do it the same way they do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cl330b
4 years 5 months ago #44360

I think if it's the same as the PC ASCOM driver settings, it's easier for them to support the device on both platforms.
4 years 5 months ago #44364

• Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

Looking back through this post, it would seem that this issue has been resolved a while back but I'm still getting it. When I connect the Pegasus UPB I get:

[WARNING] Received wrong number of detailed sensor data.Retrying...

I've installed the latest updates from the Indi site. I'm using Stellarmate, a ZWO ASI 1600MC Pro and a QHY5 II-L as a guidescope, but the error occurs even before the cameras are connected.

Can you let me know how I can resolve the error?

Cheers,

Neil Walter
Adelaide, South Australia.
3 years 11 months ago #52294

• Thank you received: 140

Hi Neil, and welcome,
I am Stewart from the SM user group, am also a mod on here....
See your messages on Facebook.... ?
3 years 11 months ago #52319

The issues are resolved in GIT, please try nightly and report.
3 years 11 months ago #52403

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Jasem,

Installed nightly and all working well so far. Thank you.

Regards,
Neil.
3 years 11 months ago #52407

• Thank you received: 4
Hi - can anyone tell me if the adjustable voltage output is working now? I can't seem to even find the tab with the setting anymore... Thanks!
3 years 10 months ago #53738

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds