INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

UTC offset missing when using GPS (Kstars release 3.3.4 & 3.3.6)

• Thank you received: 6
In previous versions of Kstars it was possible to enter UTC offset in EKOS when using a gps (gpsd driver), that is not possible anymore (version 3.3.4 & 3.3.6).
Is there any other way to adjust the offset? It doesn’t make sense to use a gps if it’s not possible.
4 years 6 months ago #43161

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

That's defined already by the GPSD driver and it was always this case. What has changed?
4 years 6 months ago #43170

• Thank you received: 140
Yes this still works on my system, and always had, when using the GPSD driver and a USB gos dongle... :)
4 years 6 months ago #43179

That is strange, this is a screen dump of my Pi4 running Kstars 3.3.6, the offset is inherited from an older version (the one included in the first RPi 4 Stellarmate release) where it was possible to adjust the offset:

4 years 6 months ago #43184
Attachments:

Have I been dreaming? I know you know better, but I'm 99,9% sure that I've adjusted the offset by entering the number in the UI, but I can see from your Youtube tutorials Jasem, that I'm rather 100% wrong :-)
The offset is adjusted automatically based on the location?
4 years 6 months ago #43187

Yes, I have never had to adjust that on mine...once it gets the 3Dfix, it should update all the figures from the location, there was an issue with it about 18 months ago where it was putting in the wrong offset, as I had the issue and mine was 12 hours out...but that was a while ago now... don’t think it’s a regression, as not seen it since it was fixed..
Have you got a different USB dongle to try to eliminate that ..? :)
4 years 6 months ago #43194

The UTC offset is read from system. So check your system (where GPS is running) and make sure it is using the correct UTC offset.
4 years 6 months ago #43222

I have just done a complete fresh install on my laptop, and plugged my GPS in and it’s worked straight away, showing a 1 offset...which is correct, so not sure why yours has not worked..
4 years 6 months ago #43231
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.424 seconds