INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos/Kstars stuck at focusing

• Thank you received: 9
New issue I've never seen last night: Woke up this morning to find Ekos summary screen stuck on "focusing". I set the autofocusing routine to focus every 45 min. but when it hits 45 min, the summary screen says focusing but the focus module isn't doing anything. I have to hit the "autofocus" button then it would go through the focus routine and capture the sequence for the next 45 min unit it happens again. Which logs do I need to turn on to capture the problem? Also, any ideas as to what I can do to work around it?

Thanks, Wes
4 years 5 months ago #44419

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
Hi Wes,
log submission is explained www.indilib.org/support/logs-submission.html.

In the meanwhile: turning off autofocusing in the Capture module is the safest way. If you are using the Scheduler, please use a capture sequence that has autofocusing turned off.

For the rest, we need your log files.

Wolfgang
4 years 5 months ago #44421

Logs attached. I did manually press "auto-focus" at one point in time and all the focus logs seem to explain the procedure well. It's when it does a Auto-refocus that seems to be the problem. There's not much going on after it captures two focus images. I'm not sure what to think. Any help is appreciated!
4 years 5 months ago #44464
Attachments:

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Am I the only one experiencing this issue?
4 years 5 months ago #44778

• Thank you received: 370
That's really strange. It seems like the guiding problem at 02:14 blocks all other activities and loops with failing to select the guiding star. I guess at 08:55 you detected the problem and selected the guiding star manually, right?

- Wolfgang
4 years 5 months ago #44810

That IS weird that the guide star just HAPPENED to be lost right when focusing started. Though, it reads a HFR value for the focus frames but no focus activity after that. I woke up to find it looping so I stopped it. This weekend I tried the full frame focus option and it worked every hour on the hour. Of course, I didn't get the logs for that. Could it be that the Auto Select Focus star just isn't working?
4 years 5 months ago #44919

Time to create page: 0.744 seconds