INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Can I default to "Native"?

• Thank you received: 3
Tonight I'm two hours into an imaging session and just realized I forgot to change the default format from FITS to Native. Can I make "Native" the default?
4 years 5 months ago #44841

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KStars remember that if you leave it as Native.. also, you can save that to the sequence file so that it is always enforced.
4 years 5 months ago #44845

Thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunately, it did not remember to leave it as "Native" for some reason. I even changed the camera configuration to be Native but it was still set to FITS in Kstars. In fact, that's exactly what it's set to right now after rebooting to get last night's files off.
4 years 5 months ago #44858

• Thank you received: 420
In the Ekos configuration panel (the one that pops up when you start INDI) you need to go to the DSLR tab and check the image settings. There RAW should be selected. Then go to the Options tab and click Save. Then in Ekos itself in the CCD tab make sure that Native is selected and then Ekos should remember it. And you don't need to wait for a clear night to test this out ;)

HTH, Wouter
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Wouter van Reeven.
4 years 5 months ago #44879

• Thank you received: 182
Unfortunately, Wouter, this is what I have been doing forever as well, but to no avail. I have saved the configuration with Native selected many times, it just will not keep it. It defaults back to FITS format for me, too. RAW remains checked, but 'Native' will not be remembered.

Along the same lines, the focuser remembers the entered settings for the most part, but when one is not using a filter wheel, it does not remember the preferred exposure time. It always defaults back to 0.5s. It would be great if that could be fixed as well. 0.5s can be awfully short depending on the area of sky one wants to image.
4 years 5 months ago #44901

Just a small update.

Somehow, after many nights of having to change from FITS to Native, it's suddenly remembering Native by default. No idea why.
4 years 5 months ago #45079

• Thank you received: 40
My problem is that I use FITS so I can zoom and stretch... then forget to set it back. My fault all the way, but there's that. (it would be nice to at least zoom on native images)
4 years 5 months ago #45081

I agree.
4 years 4 months ago #45238

Time to create page: 1.124 seconds