INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASTAP 9.288 fails when run stand alone ubuntu 18.04 amd

• Thank you received: 74
Same error as before BUT happens when you load a CR2 file and hit "Solve" . However load the file (CR2) and hit STACK then hit "Solve Current Image" it runs ok. Then when you go back and just hit "SOLVE" on main Window you dont get the error.
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
4 years 5 months ago #45070
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 92
Hello Stash,

Thanks for the feedback. This has been fixed in ASTAP version 0.9.289 for AMD64, I386 and armhf (Pi 32 bit) . The Raspberry Pi 64 bit version will follow later. With this last version something else is wrong.

See: www.hnsky.org/astap.htm for downloads.

Clear skies, Han
4 years 5 months ago #45087

Fixed also the 64 bit version for Raspberry Pi. (arm64)

This was a nasty bug. The newest compiler makes a mistake when selected an higher optimisation factor.

Han
4 years 5 months ago #45089

Yep tested out 9.289 works fine now so far thanks.

Questions or observations

1. I know I can run ASTAP Platesolving from the command line - can I do the same for ASTAP live stacking ? I would like to call it from CCDCIEL script - yes I am lazy LOL

2. Users should be aware that doing a stretch of FIT or CR2 (RAW) will stop Platesolving from finding a match (well in my experience) - switching off stretching seems to work more reliably.
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
4 years 5 months ago #45093

1) At the moment with the command line you can do two thing a) load a file in the viewer, like <strong>astap name.fit</strong> b) solve triggered by the -f parameter like <strong>astap -f name.fit</strong>. But how do you want to start and use live stacking from the command line?

2) Yes ASTAP is much more sensitive to stretching then Astrometry.net. I needs to be able to recognize and separate the brightest stars from the faint. It has no problems with exposures of 1, 2 or 300 or 100x300 seconds but you should not apply a heavy stretch on them. For the same reason the solving of heavily photo-shopped images is mostly no success. It just likes RAW. The stretching in the ASTAP viewer has no influence. That only modifies the presentation, not the data.

In comparison, Astrometry.net requires only x,y positions. You could stretch an image to pure black and white only and Astrometry.net will still be able solve it.

Han
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by han.
4 years 5 months ago #45096

Hi Han

I would in the end prefer CCDCIEL to allow Live Stackin via ASTAP from the CCDCIEL Window directly but I guess that would be a good time off and only if PC thinks it would enhance his CCDCIEL. So in the mean time i would just create a script which loads and run your Live Stacking. Leave the work flow simple from one Window - CCDCIEL in this case. Its not a priority just a Wish :-)

On Stretching that backs up what I have found by trial and error :-)

4 years 5 months ago #45102

ok hit a problem - when running with ccdciel ASTAP error's when new files are being added by ccdciel - needs to wait until free - windows version 64bit

log just say's error but stack display shows as attached file

this was live running !

:-)

4 years 5 months ago #45118
Attachments:

That's interesting. I haven't seen it here, but I assume that ASTAP tries to read the file while it is not fully saved. If will fail and try again the next second. I will build in an quit test to avoid this

Han
4 years 5 months ago #45122

Stash,

Fixed in ASTAP version ß0.9.290. This version should skip any file in use while live stacking. I have released this version only for Win 64 bit and Linux 64 bit AMD64. The others will follow if this is successful.

Looking to your screen shot colours, the selected Bayer de-mosaic pattern is wrong. You can test and set it in tab "Stack method"

Clear skies, Han
4 years 5 months ago #45130

Looking to your screen shot colours, the selected Bayer de-mosaic pattern is wrong. You can test and set it in tab "Stack method" - yep been playing with all the many options available - maybe i should look at the manual in more detail LOL.

Will try and test 9.290 tonight subject to weather - thanks - getting there :-)

4 years 5 months ago #45133

Han you are a star - 290 worked no errors (yet) LOL.

screen print 2 image live stack using CCDCIEL seq and live stacking in ASTAP.

And yes my focusing is out as I cant get my head around CCDCIEL Focuser process - yet!

Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Clive Stachon. Reason: added images
4 years 4 months ago #45147
Attachments:

Hi Han,

Found a little problem - if other image files( mine were left over from Astrotoaster/DSS) are present in any sub folder (or even in the selected monitored folder) ASTAP gives you "Access Violation". Removing the files or folder removes the problem.

Question on Darks - If I have dark files that do not match the temperature or any other parameter shown on the DARK TAB will they still be used in the Live Stacking process ?

4 years 4 months ago #45175

Time to create page: 1.346 seconds