INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Polemaster Solver Issues

• Thank you received: 182
I have a similar issue as this one: indilib.org/forum/astroberry/5645-polar-...y.html?start=0#42835

Polar alignment with the polemaster used to work beautifully in the Polar Alignment Module in EKOS. Until a few weeks ago, don't know the exact date since I did not use the mount I have the polemaster on for months.
Now, when I connect the polemaster, it is recognized fine, produces a nice picture of Polaris and surroundings, but the solver never completes.
I manually fill in the appropriate FOV in the Align module setting (11x8 degrees, i.e. 660'x480'), but to no avail. I have all the wide-field index files installed (in fact, all index files <1GB).
Solving works fine using my guide scope, despite a much smaller FOV (136'x102').
The polemaster camera is installed as an AUX device, but recognized fine using the QHY5 driver.

One potential snag I am seeing is that the dropdown menu in the Align Module only allows for defining the camera as Primary or Guide camera. I have to assign one of these denominations to the polemaster. Obviously, for both the FOV is radically different than the FOV of the polemaster, so is it possible that the FOV is not recognized correctly, even though I have entered it manually in the FOV view in the Align Module? Does that need to be defined somewhere else?

Also, it would be great if the dropdown menu would show the polemaster as an independent option , not just primary or guide scope. That would obviate the need to manually change the values after polar alignment again.

Jo
4 years 5 months ago #45505

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic Polemaster Solver Issues

You can set a guide scope focal length for the polemaster in the mount tab in EKOS as its own configuration preset.
That way just switch configuration and the fov should workout in the align module.
4 years 5 months ago #45515

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds