INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Indi driver support for Pegasus Pocket Powerbox

• Thank you received: 4
Greetings
Is there an Indi driver for the Pegasus Pocket Powerbox? PPB does appear in the supported devices when I set up an instrument profile but when I run the PPB it throws the following error: ( [WARNING] Received wrong number of detailed sensor data. Retrying... ).
I attempted to use the UPB driver but it crashes immediately (as I would expect).
The PPB is supplying power to connected devices but I am unable to monitor what it is doing or to determine if the environmental sensor and dew/frost control is working.
4 years 5 months ago #45790

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
I have the same problem, it's not possible to monitor the environmental sensor. I receive also "[Warning] Receiving wrong number of detailed sensor data. Retrying..."
I tried to change the Baud Rate to all the options, but the only Baud Rate at which the connection is established is 9600, the connectio is established but with the warning message...
Did you solve the problem bemart?.

Thanks,

Jose
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by JOSE MANUEL SUAREZ ROMAN.
4 years 4 months ago #46749

Hi Jose

Jasem was extremely helpful here. A firmware change in new Pegaus Poweboxes creates the problem. He has modified the Indi libraries to correct this. I downloaded a new build and PPB is now working . It does not show all of the features of the PPB (individual currents/voltages etc) but seems to be otherwise working OK.
Good luck.

Brian
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Burwell, Craig, JOSE MANUEL SUAREZ ROMAN
4 years 4 months ago #46760

• Thank you received: 139
I've also found that if you select reboot device (under one of the tabs) for the power box, it comes back up and the sensor works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig, JOSE MANUEL SUAREZ ROMAN
4 years 4 months ago #46763

Thanks bemart, but how I can update the indi libraaries? I tested with "sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade" but not solutions and the driver continues with the Warning message... I tested also with the "reboot" funcion under the control principal tab, but dontworks also...

Thanks,

Jose
4 years 4 months ago #46785

Hi Jose

Go to the nightly builds section in downloads (www.indilib.org/download/ubuntu.html) You may want to email Jasem first to make sure the builds are appropriate to your system. I am using a Pi4.
Good luck!
Brian
4 years 4 months ago #46786

Thanks bemart,

I'm using astroberry server 2.0.0 in a RPI4....

Jose

Enviado desde mi SM-T813 mediante Tapatalk
4 years 4 months ago #46828

Dear bemart,

I'm using a RPI4 also with Astroberry server 2.0.0 Can you Help me how to install or compile the correct driver for PPB.?

Thanks in advance

Jose

Enviado desde mi SM-T813 mediante Tapatalk
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by JOSE MANUEL SUAREZ ROMAN.
4 years 3 months ago #47258

• Thank you received: 41
If I am not mistaken, then then author of Astroberry also provides a DEB package repository (see www.astroberry.io/ ) So
>sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
should work, provided you have Internet connection and IP access to the repo. The core packages are actually located here: www.astroberry.io/repo/pool/main/libi/libindi/
What does apt policy show?
>apt policy indi-bin libindi1 libindi-data libindi-dev
indi-bin:
  Installed: 1.8.2
  Candidate: 1.8.2
  Version table:
 *** 1.8.2 100
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1.7.5+dfsg-1 500
        500 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian buster/main amd64 Packages
libindi1:
  Version table:
 *** 1.8.2 100
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
libindi-data:
  Version table:
 *** 1.8.2 100
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1.7.5+dfsg-1 500
        500 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian buster/main i386 Packages
libindi-dev:
  Version table:
 *** 1.8.2 100
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1.7.5+dfsg-1 500
Note, the official Debian Buster packages are on version, 1.7.5. One can easily build packages e.g. as follows:
#!/bin/bash

MAIN_PATH=$(pwd)
DEB_CORE_PATH=deb_core
DEB_EXTRA_PATH=deb_extra

# Build indi core.
rm -rf ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_CORE_PATH}
mkdir -p ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_CORE_PATH}

cd ${MAIN_PATH}/indi
dpkg-buildpackage -j$(nproc --all) -i -us -uc -b
cd ${MAIN_PATH}
mv *.{deb,buildinfo,changes} ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_CORE_PATH}

# Install indi core packages.
sudo dpkg --install ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_CORE_PATH}/*.deb

# Build following indi 3rdparty packages.
declare -a INDI_DRIVERS=( indi-eqmod indi-gpsd indi-gphoto indi-sx libatik indi-atik )
rm -rf ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}
mkdir -p ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}

for i in "${INDI_DRIVERS[@]}"
do
    mkdir -p ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}/${i}/{debian,${i},cmake_modules}
    cp -r ${MAIN_PATH}/indi-3rdparty/debian/${i}/* ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}/${i}/debian
    cp -r ${MAIN_PATH}/indi-3rdparty/${i}/* ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}/${i}/${i}
    cp -r ${MAIN_PATH}/indi-3rdparty/cmake_modules ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}/${i}
    cd ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}/${i}
    dpkg-buildpackage -j$(nproc --all) -i -us -uc -b

if echo "${i}" | grep '^lib';
    then
	sudo dpkg --install ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}/${i}*.deb
    fi
done

# Install indi 3rdparty packages.
sudo dpkg --install ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}/*.deb
4 years 3 months ago #47270

Dear Copello,

First at all, thanks for your reply...

About your solution the default <code>>sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade</code> don't works..., I try to update each day, but this code update only the stable version, and the stable version for astroberry for Pegasus PPB drivers don't works wel.... I think that probably I need to install a nightly version for this driver or for the entiry libindi. But I don't have the knowledge to where find the correct version, how to compile and install...

For example, I have algo the image for stellarmate, because i bought the image. But this image don't works weel with my RPI4, I have problems with the USB3 and wifi, but the driver for Pegasus PPB in stellarmate works well. The problem is with astroberry 2.0.0, this iamge works very well with my RPi$, all the rest of the drivers works well, is fastest than stellarmate, no problems with USB and wifi, but the driver for pegasus PPB don't works entirely... For me is a problem, because for this little detail I can use the heater and sensor for this driver....

I hope someone can help me,

Thanks,

Jose
4 years 3 months ago #47299

• Thank you received: 50
Like Jose, I have recently tried a PPB into my system (RPi4 and AstroPi3 or most recently Astroberry 2.0.1). In my case there is a conflict at the USB port level so I can't see into the PPB, but looking separately at it on my laptop I have set up the default switch on options to include automatic dew heating.
4 years 2 months ago #49211

• Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone,

I recently get a Pocket PowerBox Advanced, it works perfectly under windows, but I run my setup with ekos kstars.

I choose the PPB driver as aux1 in my ekos setup, everything works perfectly except the PocketPowerBox, i've mean
- each piece of my setup are correctly powered (they are all connected to the PPBA)
- each piece of my setup are correctly connected (they are all connected to the PPBA)
- but the PPBA cannot get connected, in the ekos manager it's indefinelty stay unconnected

Did someone successfully connected it?
I'm so sad that i won't be able to manage my dew heater, or to change the voltage output when I use my DSLR instead of my ASI1600?

Thanks for you support.
3 years 9 months ago #55912

Time to create page: 0.644 seconds