INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

1.4.5 Wifi Issues

• Thank you received: 40

1.4.5 Wifi Issues was created by David Tate

v1.4.5 64bit is looking great! Fast and snappy. I'm able to run with DSS Colors on without any slow downs!

But I'm having issues connecting with my wifi. I see the available connections, I'm doing all the normal connection values I've done for a year, but it's not accepting the connection.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
4 years 4 months ago #45915

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic 1.4.5 Wifi Issues

Is this from the app? I noticed the app might insert a space into the password field at the end... can you double check this to make sure it's not the issue? Have you tried connecting from the SM dashboard, or the web manager?
4 years 4 months ago #45934

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Peter Rusling on topic 1.4.5 Wifi Issues

I also have WiFi issues with 1.4.5 - connecting to my usual home network SSIDs from the Pi. It times out with "Connection Failed" and "No secrets were provided".
4 years 4 months ago #45936

• Thank you received: 140

Replied by AstroNerd on topic 1.4.5 Wifi Issues

Hmmm, I have not had any issues, but I don’t use the app...although I did have an issue trying to set the hotspot on 5ghz, and that would time out and not connect, until Jasem told me to change the change, to 44, that worked a treat... :) :)
4 years 4 months ago #45937

• Thank you received: 40

Replied by David Tate on topic 1.4.5 Wifi Issues

It worked via the Web Manager, although the page looks to just spin, but I looked at the connection and it was connected.

Earlier I did test with a bogus password, and the messages were the same, so I figured it was just not getting my real password as typed (because I did the eyeball password reveal and I could see it was correct).

Edit: I'm actually going to hard wire the ethernet cable since I use a pier and after using the hardwire connection and enjoying the 100 fold increase in speed, I'm kinda hooked. It means yet one more cable on my rig, but at this point what's the difference. ;)
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by David Tate.
4 years 4 months ago #45938

This sounds like my issue as well - where do you change the channel to 44?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
4 years 4 months ago #45939

Just started working for me - had to go via Stellarmate Dashboard on Pi but I'd tried that before without success. I did notice that on the main system list of networks my network then appeared twice - firstly connected via the dashboard, and secondly with "never used" against it (which I removed).
4 years 4 months ago #45941

Go to network icon top right of screen, select “configure networks”
Choose the hotspot from the list and on the right side in the first tab, you will see the drop down box for the channel.. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Rusling
4 years 4 months ago #45942

• Thank you received: 182

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic 1.4.5 Wifi Issues

I also used to have these weird WiFi issues, but they all disappeared after I updated yesterday to the nightly version (KStars 3.3.8) and the latest drivers.

Knock on wood!
4 years 4 months ago #45947

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by Barry Carney on topic 1.4.5 Wifi Issues

When I installed 1.4.5 yesterday I could not connect via Wifi at all. I connected via ethernet and the hotspot was turned off. After fiddling around finally got it connected to my home wifi network. Once running I found the desktop painfully slow. Click on a menu and wait a few seconds for a reaction, or start typing and wait a few seconds for the text to appear. I turned off Compositor which seemed to help speed up 1.4.4 and that improved things. Once using it in the field last night though it slowed down again, and while watching the countdown on a sub in the capture module, the time would only update every 5 seconds or so. I had PHD2 running and that was also slow to update the chart. I only had Kstars and PHD2 running so I don't know why it was so slow. The only changes I made from the stock 1.4.5 image was to set the screen resolution to 1920x1080 through raspi-config, and as I mentioned turn off compositor. What else can cause it to run so slow?

The thing I don't know is if the programs are actually running slow or if the VNC link is running slow. MIght have to connect up to a monitor and keyboard to compare the speed.
RPi 4B (4gb) running Stellarmate OS
Skywatcher Quattro 250 with f4 coma corrector
Skywatcher Evostar 80ED with 0.85 reducer/flattener
Skywatcher AZ-EQ6,
ASI1600MM Pro with ZWO 8x1.25" EFW,
Guide scope 50x190mm, Guide camera ASI290MM
ZWO EAF focuser
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Barry Carney. Reason: add extra
4 years 4 months ago #45953

Hi, sorry to hear of your issues, I know for a fact that 1.4.4 was reported as very slow with the same symptoms that you have, but the 1.4.5 version, which I have, is much much faster
So not sure why you are still seeing the old issues....but I would certainly check it direct with monitor and mouse and keyboard connected...just to rule out VNC as the issue, I run mine at 2560 x 1600 resolution and all good....
4 years 4 months ago #45955

• Thank you received: 15

Replied by Tom on topic 1.4.5 Wifi Issues

I am having, even more, weirdo issue in 1.4.5

Most of my devices are connected to a powered USB hub. Then I found out when I plug in my qhy ccd, the wireless connection drop. When I unplug the CCD, wireless connection up again. But this is not happening in the raspbian buster and 1.4.4 at all. Luckily I have a raspbian buster and 1.4.4 as a backup when 1.4.5 fail.

From my point of view, 1.4.4 is fast and smooth as well. No complaint at all.

Regards,
Tom
4 years 4 months ago #45959

Time to create page: 2.881 seconds