Due to COVID and work I've not been able to move as fast as I want on this. The gist is this:
- Hardware is done imho
- Firmware needs some love (especially on monitoring and limits for the DC power switches
- I could use some help on the later
Let me know if there are others that would like to work on this with me at this stage. (I know that a few of you want assembled boards when they are ready, I will contact you when I feel OK on the firmware side)
thank you so so much for your so nice RPi hat. I have received the board (v1.2) I manufactured and I am going to start getting all components. However, I would like to know if there is some advance in indi driver or it is not in development anymore. I am trying to get back to astrophotography I left apart more than ten years ago due to family commitments. Things has changed and nowadays this hobby is affordable yet expensive depending on your target.
Hey all, Pierros here (the dev that started astrohat). Here is a bit of an update so far:
The version 1.2 that is released has been working quite well so far except the following:
- The adjustable voltage channel is not operational
- The sensing of the dew heaters channel is not working
Apart from those two issues that are now identified and will be fixed in 1.3 everything else seems to be working as it should. As a matter of fact astrohat has now been tested for over two months of total night sessions.
I am also happy to report that there are more than 10 astrohats now in the wild
I am working with contributors to release the indi driver and you can follow our progress and general development here: app.element.io/?#/room/#astrohat:matrix.org
To answer some questions:
1. We don't have any plans for a focus controller embedded on astrohat yet.
2. When 1.3 is released we will be providing ready made assembled boards for people interested.