INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Indi1.8.2 conflict with oacapture1.6.0

• Thank you received: 4
Since 1.8.2 indi-full has changed its structure of 3rd party drivers. All the package have new names.
While oacapture is dependent on old packages like libasicamera and libefwfilter which are replaced by new packages in indi1.8.2.
So this cause the conflict.
The oacapture deb can be installed with 'dpkg -i --ignore-depends=libasicamera,libefwfilter', and does work good.
I have mail to the author of oacapture, james, but no response by now.
This is a reminder for the people who want to install oacapture on you system.
To solve the conflict, you need to uninstall all the oacapture packages before you upgrade indi to the latest build. Install oacapture again with the ignore option
And also, you need to modify a file to change the oacapture dependency.
/var/lib/dpkg/status
Find oacapture section and remove libasicamera and libefwfilter in the line 'Depends'.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by ecloud.
4 years 2 months ago #48034

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
After indi-full has changed its structure of 3rd party drivers, all the packages have got new names.
While oacapture is dependent on old packages like libasicamera and libefwfilter which are replaced by new packages in indi1.8.2, I have checked with Facebook also but didn't find a solution to this. How and where can I get more help? This needs to be resolved.
4 years 2 months ago #48037

IIRC, the changes were made to accommodate projects like oacapture. Maybe Radek can shed more light on this since I believe he was in communication with the authors of the other projects to agree on a common structure.
4 years 2 months ago #48100

• Thank you received: 375
Oacapture provides own libraries and AFAIK does not (and did not in the past) use INDI libraries. I have suggested to author to use shared libraries provided by INDI but I don't think it was implemented. So there aocapture does not depend on INDI, and as the result of providing own libraries it conflicts with INDI and it always did eg. QHY libraries. It's not gonna change unless james (the author of oacapture) uses INDI libraries instead providing his own.
4 years 2 months ago #48137

• Thank you received: 15
In the latest Astroberry release (today, after running apt update apt upgrade (for PHD2)), when I try to start oacapture I get the following error:

astroberry@astroberry:~ $ oacapture
oacapture: error while loading shared libraries: libqhyccd.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Seems like this is linked to the problems described here? All I did so far with oacapture was starting it for testing purposes, but a week ago (or so) it could be at least started. And I don’t have a QHY camera...
4 years 1 month ago #49625

It is related to last update of libqhy... Please downgrade the library by running:
wget https://www.astroberry.io/repo/pool/main/libq/libqhy/libqhy_6.0.5-2_armhf.deb
sudo dpkg -i libqhy_6.0.5-2_armhf.deb
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bernd Limburg
4 years 1 month ago #49685

• Thank you received: 15
After downgrade of libqhy, oacapture could be started again, but it didn‘t find my ASI cam... but after a raspi reboot, this worked, too!

Thx! :)
4 years 1 month ago #49687

New version of oacapture will be released soon. In the meantime if you cannot run it due to latest QHY drivers, run this for workaround:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libqhyccd.so /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libqhyccd.so.6
4 years 1 month ago #50109

Time to create page: 0.634 seconds