INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Starting INDI Server

• Thank you received: 0
I'm just getting to grips with KStars/Ekso/INDI and have a question. Running a Raspberry Pi 4 with Astroberry.

To start INDI server I seem to have to start KStars, invoke EKOS then hit the play button. If I don't do that I can't use INDI drivers in PHD2. Is there any way to start INDI with PHD2 without having to go through the whole sequence? I tried setting the Indi web interface to auto run on boot up with auto connect and auto start enabled. The web interface starts ok and shows my default profile and the INDI server says it has started but PHD2 still cannot see my Altair cameras (INDI driver - no native support on the Pi). Again if I then start KStars, invoke EKOS then start EKOS running it says there is already an instance of INDI server running and even if I don't start another one PHD2 sees the INDI cameras.

If that's the way it is then so be it but if it is possible could someone point me in the right direction please. I normally use a Windows mini PC and everything is set to autostart so all I need to do is boot it up and focus and I can image straight away. The Pi is to try and get a more portable setup running.
4 years 2 months ago #48048

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Yes this is possible as explained at the bottom of this page:
indilib.org/about/discover-indi.html

HTH, Wouter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Graeme Smith
4 years 2 months ago #48114

Replied by Graeme Smith on topic Starting INDI Server

Thanks, exactly what I needed. Don't know how I managed to miss that but its been a steep learning curve so far! I can write a startup script for the Pi and it should do exactly what I want.
4 years 2 months ago #48129

• Thank you received: 140

Replied by AstroNerd on topic Starting INDI Server

Also in Astroberry you can start them fro the INdI control panel...on Astroberry desktop...
4 years 2 months ago #48130

Replied by Graeme Smith on topic Starting INDI Server

I'll need to have a closer look at the Astroberry desktop then as I couldn't find an INdi control panel on it. No surprise really as I only installed the Astroberry distro to save me installing everything separately as I did the last time I tried to set up a Pi based solution. Now that I know what I want to do is actually possible I'll spend some more time ploughing through the online information.

Thanks for the responses.
4 years 2 months ago #48131

Time to create page: 0.712 seconds