INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New to Ekos. Need help with delays on mount control inputs?

• Thank you received: 0
I have my HEQ5 connected to my Mac running 10.12.6 with the USB2EQ5 cable from Shoestring Astronomy. Problem I am running into is with the Mount Control window, when I click on a directing to move the mount there is almost always a delay (usually several seconds) between clicking the command and the scope moving! Sometimes the scope will move immediately but most times it will not. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?
Equipment: Skywatcher HEQ5 - Stellarvue 80mm access - Canon 6D (unmodified) - Stellarvue 50mm Guide Scope - ZWO ASI290MM Mini - Rasp Pi4
4 years 2 months ago #48096

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Several seconds is too long.. usually it takes less than a second to move. Is your system under heavy load?
4 years 2 months ago #48099

No. When I run EQMAC it slews with any delays. I guess that rules out the cable.
Equipment: Skywatcher HEQ5 - Stellarvue 80mm access - Canon 6D (unmodified) - Stellarvue 50mm Guide Scope - ZWO ASI290MM Mini - Rasp Pi4
4 years 2 months ago #48136

Just tested in my observatory with StellarMate, and I can't see any delays. Check out the video.
4 years 2 months ago #48143
Attachments:

eqmod_speed.mp4

I watched your video and no mine does not respond like yours does. Imagine holding down a north direction and it not responding for 5-10 secs later!
4 years 2 months ago #48161

Time to create page: 0.713 seconds