INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pegasus Pocket Powerbox shown as Dome in EKOS ? Astroberry 2.0

• Thank you received: 3
Hello All,

Astroberry 2.0, RPI4 and the the Pegasus PPB Driver.

At indi Control Panel everything is fine, but in Ekos I find a Dome/Weather Tab.
Dome is greyed out and at weather I see Temperature, Humidity and Dew Point. Weather is ok is also shown.

Regarding Ports, Voltages and Current I don´t find anything at EKOS. I have to check that at INDI Control Panel.

Any idear ?

CS
Reiner
4 years 1 month ago #48704

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 27
Hi,

I have a similar problem with the Ultimate PowerBox V2. Think it is normal that you can only control it from Indi Control Panel. And since weather and dome interface are in the same tab on Ekos it is normal to see the grayed dome part (if you have no dome controller). For me howerver it does not even show the weather info from the sensors. (At least in the setup EKOS -> Raspberry, but am going to do a few test in different setups today)

Paul
4 years 1 month ago #48705

Thanks Paul,

so as I understand both powerboxes, Pocket and Ultimate, are not ready integrated in Ekos.
Ok, so lets look what the future brings.

CS
Reiner
4 years 1 month ago #48718

Hi,
well in Indi (drivers and control panel) the work as expected ... (and completelt controlable)
I have only problems in the Ekos screens weather interface. The debug log showed no errors on driver side (and all values in Indi CP are correct) Only in the ekos sreen I get a warning the weather data could not be retrieved.

Integrating the Power controls in EKos, well don't know, would there be any standard for that?

Rgrds,

Paul
4 years 1 month ago #48720

• Thank you received: 117
PDB and RvB, I noticed the same things about the PPB driver in SM OS, with a couple of exceptions. The PPB Indi current indicator always shows zero (I'm wondering if this is a bug or just not integrated). Can you confirm this works ok in your setup or is it also zero?

My dome tab is not greyed out (even though I don't have a dome controller).

Finally, I'll comment on a couple of related wish list items:
a. power (volts, amps) could be displayed in the dome tab and summary screen
b. weather (at least temp and dewpoint) could be charted together in the same graph since they have the same units (also would be nice on summary screen).
c. temps would be nice to be configurable for either C or F (or maybe this is possible now, but I just don't know how to do it?)
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Doug S. Reason: grammar edit only
4 years 1 month ago #48726

Hi,

current draw on the main tab looks ok, but the current draw per device is always at zero.
Correction: the values are correct. (current draw was really 0, switched on camera cooller ant the current draw was shown on device as well)
also noticed that the order of the devices for power on boot seems reversed (looks a if port 1 is actually port 4

Regards,

Paul
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by PDB.
4 years 1 month ago #48729

Hello All,

I own both now, Pocket and Ultimate V2
The Integration of the UPB is better than the UPB V2.
The Pocket shows in the Dome Section Temp, Humidity and dew point.
The Ultimate nothing of that. Empty.

In the Indi-Control-Panel I see everything and I can control everything.

As dmsummers wrote, it would be nice to see some of the options of the windows program in Ekos.

CS
Reiner
4 years 1 month ago #49063

Time to create page: 0.956 seconds