INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos resetting focuser position to zero?

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I've experienced twice now that Ekos, when running the scheduler, resets my focuser position to zero. I have a MyfocuserPro, home built, and it was focused nicely to about position 11800. Then I start the scheduler and suddenly, when scheduler begins focusing, it is at 0 (zero) - but it didn't move, so resetting in some way. Anyone knows what is happening here? Log file attached. (I hope it is the correct log file)

Magnus
4 years 2 weeks ago #50674
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Indeed the log shows that the focus position is set to zero from the driver side. Is this repeatable? i.e. run scheduler and position will always reset to zero?
4 years 2 weeks ago #50694

Hi!

I can not systematically reproduce it, but it has happened twice lately - unattended runs of the scheduler. Last night, I ran the scheduler sveral times, while attending it, and could not repeat...

Magnus
4 years 2 weeks ago #50695

• Thank you received: 301
I have also seen this, very rarely. It might relate to #1099?

-Eric
4 years 2 weeks ago #50696

• Thank you received: 226
I've also struggled with recovering from unexpected crashes where the focus position is the default 0 on restart. It would be nice to be able to set some arbitrary value so it can perform inward and outward movements without physically resetting the focuser.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred
4 years 2 weeks ago #50707

Hi!

One thing I have noticed recently, is that when I start Ekos, the steps value in the Focus module where I can set the steps I want it to go to, is zero. THe position is OK, but the box to the right of it is zero. I wonder if this is related to the issue here. Why is it not set to present position by default?

Magnus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred
4 years 1 week ago #50927

Hi!

I had another one of these tonight. Started Scheduler with focus position around 11400, scheduler sleeing for some 45 mins, and then starts - with zeroing the focuser position, resulting in all jobs aborted since focus can not be reached with the filter I was using, and that would be somewhere around -300... and that does not work.

This is really intermittent. I've been using the schedular extensively the last few days with nothing like this happening. Today I updated the Stellarmate, but that should not matter since it has been there for a while.

Here's the log.

Magnus
4 years 5 days ago #51049
Attachments:

The stable INDI is not yet updated on SM. You can use the latest by using these commands:
update_indi_core

After that is, you can run this:
update_indi_drivers
4 years 5 days ago #51086

Hi!

I still have the same problem. Updated today, and got the same error directly after that. Any ideas?

Magnus
3 years 11 months ago #52140

Time to create page: 1.890 seconds