I'm actually not sure what has really been changed because I have been really focused on creating the SexySolver Internal Library, so I haven't been as focused on KStars in its current state. The work I have been doing won't be integrated until the next version. So I don't know what new features in KStars need testing.
That being said, there are certain things that can have issues specifically in our Mac build because of the way they get packaged, the way we have to build them, or some differences in the MacOS. I immediately tested a number of these items as soon as I built the DMG before I sent it out. However, just because the tests worked on my system doesn't mean that it will work on all systems. My machine is the one it was built on so we have sometimes had issues with libraries pointing to paths on my system that don't exist on others etc. I should have sent a list of things to test for sure, you are right! Here are some of the things I would test:
Testing the packaged INDIServer and Drivers
- Does the INDIServer Start in local Simulators mode and can you take a picture?
- Do all the drivers appear in the profile editor that you think should be there, are any missing?
Testing with your own equipment
- If you can test any new drivers with equipment you have that would be awesome, since they probably don't have much testing on Macs until the DMG is released
- It might be good to check with equipment you used with KStars in the past to see if there are any regressions and that it still works, however this is less critical I think
Testing the QML based items to make sure QML didn't break (Has happened before)
- Does the What's Interesting Panel open and work with no problems?
- In the Mount Module, can you open and use the Mount Control Panel?
Testing the embedded astrometry.net
- Can you plate solve using the internal astrometry.net package, with and without sextractor enabled (note if you don't have python properly set up, you can't use it without sextractor)
Testing the Internal DBus Server
- Easiest way to do this is to go into the "Script editor," add a simple command like "Zoom in" and hit run to see if it works
- An alternate way is to use the Scheduler, which heavily uses DBus
It seems to work more or less. I had no issues performing image captures, etc inside the app. I did not test the scheduler. But I took images in all modules, and auto focused.
I also did experience multiple crashes to desktop. I've copied the logs here from the finder. Not EKOS logs. Crash one happened when clicking something in the indi drive panel, and crash two happened when disconnecting from the equipment.
I don't know if this was a fluke or not, but EKOS on Mac 3.4.2 crashed hard on trying to shoot flats. And would not let me into the flats configuration to set the ADU value. After the crash, I just switched to 3.4.1, so I didn't do any further testing.
Am having serious problems with the QHY5LIIM guider since 3.4.2 and possibly 3.4.1. Keep getting sudden exposure timeout error and then there is no option but to restart everything and connect again. Happened 5-7 times last imaging session and so had to watch over for every single sub. Everything else is fine. Had no issues with taking flats as described in another post