INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New Internal Solver for Mac, Windows, and Linux -- Testing/ Experiments needed

• Thank you received: 30
Great job!

Optimized images to analyze when embedding in Ekos (pixel size, file size for quick analysis, etc.)

Please consider it as well.

When solving with Ekos, I am currently setting Jpeg / downsample on the DSLR and binning / downsample on the astronomical camera to increase the image transfer rate. If you have a frame from live view and you have an astronomical camera, shooting in stream mode will be even faster. (I think ASIAirPRO improves processing in this style.)
3 years 10 months ago #54737

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375
Just to let you know that starting today Raspberry Pi with 8GB is available.
www.raspberrypi.org/blog/8gb-raspberry-pi-4-on-sale-now-at-75/

ZRAM is good option for create SWAP file. Using SD card for SWAP is slow and can kill your SD card much faster.
3 years 10 months ago #54752

• Thank you received: 17
Han,
Is version 0.9.365 still the latest version for the Rpi? that is all I find on your site.

thanks,
Ron
3 years 9 months ago #54808

How much RAM is needed to run the parallel option loading all the index files?

thanks,
Ron
3 years 9 months ago #54809

• Thank you received: 92

Yes no later versions are released. An Rpi update will be released in a few days. I want to be sure that the versions released on Sourceforge are bug free. The new version will be more tolerant against elongates stars.

Han
3 years 9 months ago #54813

Han,
thanks

Kaczorek,
and a Beta 64 bit OS.
thanks,
Ron
3 years 9 months ago #54814

• Thank you received: 809

That depends on how many index files you have and how big they are. Right now, all that I am doing is running a command that checks how much memory is installed and determining how big the index files are. If the size of the index files is bigger than the total memory installed, it just turns off the inParallel option. This could be changed in the future, this was just a first attempt at addressing the problem. If we don't check that, I could see people leaving that option turned on not realizing that it could crash due to it running out of memory. In the future, this could check to see much memory is actually available, maybe it could check swap files, and maybe it could allow you to override it. But this is how I addressed it for now.
3 years 9 months ago #54817

Testing ASTAP 0.9.369 was successful yesterday. It's released for Linux, RPi, Mac and Windows at Sourceforge. As said before the star detection is done differently so it will behave differently . It's also a little faster.

I haven't done a comparison/performance test with the source-extractor of the Sexysolver but will do that later.

Han
3 years 9 months ago #54875

Han,
I downloaded it from SourceForge and ran sudo apt install astap_armhf.deb (in the Downloads directory) just as I have done before. But it keeps telling me "E: unable to locate package astap_armhg.deb" ?? But ls says it is there and the size looks right/

Ron
3 years 9 months ago #54899

It behaves the same downloading it from your website, well actually not as it sends me to Sourceforge.
Ron
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Ronald Scotti.
3 years 9 months ago #54900

The window version downloads and runs ok as the new version. But I have not loaded the indices on windows.
Ron
3 years 9 months ago #54901

Hello Ron,
The file name is astap_armhf.deb It's for the 32 bit (Raspbian) operating system. I normally just use the operating system installer. Using the file manager, right mouse click on the file and then select "Package install". I checked the file on SourceForge but it installs normally. I have packed it again and uploaded it but it will make no difference

sudo apt install ./astap_armhf.deb

should also work.

Han
3 years 9 months ago #54903

Time to create page: 1.426 seconds