INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New Internal Solver for Mac, Windows, and Linux -- Testing/ Experiments needed

• Thank you received: 41

I've pulled down three hours ago, but nothing new was on the repo.
3 years 5 months ago #61653

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4
The reported scale range remains between 0.638705 to 0.780639 arcsec/pixel though I found in align.cpp the function definition

void Align::calculateFOV()

where I changed the values from 0.9 to 0.7 and from 1.1 to 1.3

if (opsAstrometry->kcfg_AstrometryUseImageScale->isChecked())
{
// code
else
{
opsAstrometry->kcfg_AstrometryImageScaleLow->setValue(fov_pixscale * 0.7);
opsAstrometry->kcfg_AstrometryImageScaleHigh->setValue(fov_pixscale * 1.3);

// 10% boundary
Options::setAstrometryImageScaleLow(fov_pixscale * 0.7);
Options::setAstrometryImageScaleHigh(fov_pixscale * 1.3);
}

Is it possible to give the user the option to extend the range instead of hardcoding those (arbitrary?) values? Or better: is it possible to calculate the range before the solver runs?
Powered by

GNU / Linux
Git
KDE neon
KStars | EKOS | INDI

and some cheap hardware
3 years 5 months ago #61655

• Thank you received: 182

Not within the capture module. There never is a need to do that.

Of course, when I check guiding i am looking at an image from the guide scope, but that does not involve “changing “.

Also note that the pixel size and sensor temperature in both FITS files match my imaging scope, only the focal lengths differ.

The only place where that could happen is in the mount tab, but that would have to be changed and reversed manually, which definitely I did NOT do.
3 years 5 months ago #61656

• Thank you received: 41
No with the capture or the guide module. I was talking about the align module, the one where we perform the platesolving. Here I’ve been changing between FL and when done, sometimes the FL is mixed up on the final images generated by the capture module.
3 years 5 months ago #61657

I have made the mistake before that in the solver i had selected the guide scope for polar alignment and forgot to reverse that before solving my target. And yes, I know that the solver fails then. That is an obvious mistake on my part. But I have never seen that happen in the Capture module and besides, there never is a need to change the camera there to the guide cam,

Somehow, Ekos did that.

Pretty sneaky!!!
3 years 5 months ago #61658

Now THAT is exactly what happened, except for one thing: I did not use the guide cam for solving, not as far as I can remember. But I cannot rule out that I used it for rechecking the PA (double checking on my pole master),

Nonetheless, I don’t understand how or why that should translate into the capture module.
3 years 5 months ago #61660

I changed the Scale Property in the fits header to 0.63 and the fits file was solved in seconds. So it seems to be vital that EKOS does it's best to record this property correct.
Powered by

GNU / Linux
Git
KDE neon
KStars | EKOS | INDI

and some cheap hardware
3 years 5 months ago #61661

I would like to add for consideration that it is not unlikely that the user checks the alignment with the guide camera. I have done this in the past because the scope is slow (f ration 13.9) and I use a light pollution filter. To see some stars with the main camera could take 40 seconds whereas the guidescope makes a fine instrument to align the mount roughly with the sky.

But the lights are still taken with the main camera.