INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Focusing without motorized automation.

• Thank you received: 9
Last night was my first light with the Kstars / Ekos installed on an Ubuntu 18.04 laptop. I am currently waiting on delivery of a Raspberry Pi to remote the operation via Stellar Mate. (Wanted to test run the system on my laptop prior to a full commitment.) Everything worked as expected but at this time I do not have a motorized focuser...

My question is how can I use the focus function without a motorized and connected focuser? I would like to take advantage of the HFR and V curve till I can afford a motorized setup.

Jim
Celestron CGX, QSI683 Astrodon Gen 2 E series LRGB, Ha, OIII, ES102CF, ZWO-ASI178MC, 60mm guide scope, Pegasus Focus Cube 2, Feather Touch Focuser.
3 years 11 months ago #52794

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Hit the loop button in the focus tab and turn the focus knob with your hand until you get the lowest HFR value.

HTH, Wouter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim S.
3 years 11 months ago #52813

• Thank you received: 20
Hi,

Wouter already answered there : www.indilib.org/forum/stellarmate/6138-f...tofocuser.html#46986

Cheers

Edit: too fast Wouter
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by ouioui01.
3 years 11 months ago #52816

• Thank you received: 420
Haha I forgot about that comment. You have a great memory!

Wouter
3 years 11 months ago #52819

Thank you Sir
Celestron CGX, QSI683 Astrodon Gen 2 E series LRGB, Ha, OIII, ES102CF, ZWO-ASI178MC, 60mm guide scope, Pegasus Focus Cube 2, Feather Touch Focuser.
3 years 11 months ago #52827

New to the board, my search results or keywords did not catch... Thank you for the response !
3 years 11 months ago #52829

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds