INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Paramount connection on Mac

• Thank you received: 2
Hello. I am attempting to connect Ekos to TSX to run my Paramount MyT. Everything is newly downloaded and installed today - Kstars and TSX. I followed the instructions here www.indilib.org/devices/telescopes/bisque-paramount.html to set up the connection. TSX is open and connected to the mount and the TCP server is on. In the Ekos INDI control panel, address 127.0.0.1 and port 304 are set and saved. However, when I press connect, it says "ERROR reading from TheSky6 TCP server"

Why does it say 'TheSky6'? Is that why it is not connecting? I'd appreciate any and all input for what to do from here.

Thanks!
Mike
3 years 10 months ago #53163

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Check the mount logs. The driver use the TheSky6 scripting language to communicate with the TCP server.

So TSX and KStars are running on the same machine?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
3 years 10 months ago #53199

Replied by Mike S on topic Paramount connection on Mac

Thank you kindly for your assistance.

Yes, both applications are running on a Mac running 10.13.x. When I look at TSX, the TCP server records an incoming connection request (in the sense that the connection 'counter' on the server pop up window goes up each time I try to connect), but the connection fails.

I tried it with some older copies of TSX, but the same thing happens - "error reading from TheSky6 TCP server" I'm going to reach out to SB and see if they can help with understand what is happening on the TSX end. Is there anything else you can think of? The instructions suggest it should just work. Do I need to be running 10.15.x?

Thanks a bunch
Mike
3 years 10 months ago #53211

Please turn on verbose logging (check signature) and attach the log. Another user reported this as well.
3 years 10 months ago #53240

I believe I have figured out the issue. In the TSX preferences (Advanced tab) there is the option 'TCP responses close socket'. For some reason, it was set to 'true'. This seemed undesirable so I set it to false and, just like that, everything seems to be behaving normally. I am now able to connect easily to TSX from the Ekos internal INDI server.

I hope this info helps others

Mike
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Mike S.
3 years 10 months ago #53307

Can you please post a screenshot of that window with the option turned off? I need to add it to the documentation for future users.
3 years 10 months ago #53308

Sure - here you go. You can see the option in question near the bottom of the image, but I wanted to include the words 'Sky Chart' because the preference is in the 'Sky Chart' section of the 'Advanced' preferences tab (for some reason).

While I have you - I'm looking for a tutorial or documentation talking about the use of the SX Adaptive Optics device. I've searched but can not find anything specific to its use in Ekos.

Thanks
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
3 years 10 months ago #53353
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.799 seconds