INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry initial release

• Thank you received: 375
INDI Astroberry is just another INDI driver. You can install it along your INDI server and gain support for additional devices.
Astroberry Distro (covered in separate threat ) is SD image for Raspberry Pi. It can be accessed with KStars and Ekos as well as can be controlled through HTML5 ready web browser. If you make IP public other people can use both interfaces. However the system is not designed for multiuser support.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Holler
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Radek Kaczorek. Reason: link
8 years 11 months ago #4203

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Version 1.0.1 of Astroberry drivers has been released!

To get the fresh sources run
$ svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/astroberry/svn/trunk/ astroberry-svn

Deb packages for Raspberry Pi will be available soon.

Changelog
============
v1.0.1
indi_rpigps - FIX for gps reading freeze and full integration with gpsd service (required)
indi_rpifocus - FIX for lack of focuser status handling e.g. taking images during move
indi_rpifocus - FIX for inconsistences in focus direction
indi_rpifocus - disabling dualspeed mode. single speed mode only used (native)
indi_rpialtimu - change of values format from 0.3f to 0.1f
indi_rpimosaic - removed and forked to new project
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Radek Kaczorek. Reason: no link to project page
8 years 8 months ago #4640

• Thank you received: 34

Replied by pauledd on topic Astroberry initial release

Two issues I oberved with astroberry-1.0_rc1.img
The webinterface does nothing if I click on one of the button. (Firefox 38.1.1 ESR)
Capturing image from my Canon DSLR loops with error:
GPhoto CCD: Exposure failed to parse raw image.
Maybe this is related to this: indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/782-indi-gp...t.html?start=12#4697
--= human, without Windows™ =--
pls excuse my bad english! :)
8 years 7 months ago #4774

Web interface expects a browser supporting HTML5. Firefox v38 does so I'm not sure what is causing your problem, but would suggest to upgrade to the latest version (v40). Using GPhoto and DSLR is somehow tricky. You need to use FITS format (not DSLR raw file format) for EKOS operating properly.
8 years 7 months ago #4786

• Thank you received: 95

Replied by Oleg on topic Astroberry initial release

What stepper motor you use for your focuser?
See this page botland.com.pl/5-silniki
You can try my open project Astronomy Linux
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Oleg.
8 years 1 month ago #7275

• Thank you received: 95

Replied by Oleg on topic Astroberry initial release

Look the news: Western Digital ships PiDrive for the Raspberry Pi 3
You can try my open project Astronomy Linux
8 years 1 month ago #7283

I'm using JK28HS45-0674
However you can use other types. Just remember that using other stepper motors requires powering them with power supply independent from RPi.
8 years 1 month ago #7297

• Thank you received: 0
Very nice project.
I have been adding some custom hardware as well. Going from ready made parts to custom electronics. This made me wonder if there would be any interest in a Raspberry/Astroberry Hat that incorporates common astronomy features.
Maybe this is not the right place to discuss it, but I will open a separate tread if there is any interest.
7 years 11 months ago #7886

Let me know if you need any help. Also while building astrohat for rpi.
I'm actually going opposite direction - from custom to ready made parts. See github.com/rkaczorek/astroberry-piface
The reason is making the thing easier for everyone, including people that don't solder and don't play with low level electronics.
7 years 11 months ago #7892

• Thank you received: 0
Actually, that was part of the idea. Make a ready available hat for everyone that is just plug and play. No soldering, no customizing things. One board that saves a lot of time. The question is however, what are common things for astronomy/astrophotography.
7 years 11 months ago #7903

• Thank you received: 29

Replied by Helge on topic Astroberry initial release

Dear Radek,

I am just wondering what I need to run a stepper motor via Ekos, using the indi driver (astroberry):

I have the Rpi3 and installed Ekos as well as the latest astroberry info drivers (1.0.4.1, sourceforge). To run a modified 28byj stepper (to make it bipolar), can I just connect the stepper to a A4988 driver and then to the Rpi, or have the piface and connect the outputs to the stepper motor (in that case to additionally install astroberry-piface-cad). Or does it work either way? If I was using the piface board, where can I find which pins I have to use? Apologies in case I overlooked anything obvious, I am still a bit new to raspberry and ekos...

Many thanks in advance!

Helge
6 years 9 months ago #17411

Hi Helge
There are two separate strategies to run your a stepper motor as a focuser, using astroberry drivers:
  1. original astroberry drivers - you need to use a stepper motor controller such as DRV8834 or A4988 and a stepper motor (see astroberry readme file for details)
  2. new astroberry piface drivers - you need PiFace Relay Plus + PiFace Motor Extra expansion boards and a stepper motor (see piface documentation for details)

In the first case you use indi_rpifocus driver to control the stepper motor, in the second case you use indi_piface_focuser to do it.
astroberry-piface-cad has nothing to do with it - it's a driver for PIFace CAD (Control and Display) LCD.

There are some changes to PiFace products family and original PiFace Relay Plus is not retailed anymore. The PiFace drivers are designed for the hardware shown on the image below:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Helge
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Radek Kaczorek.
6 years 9 months ago #17415

Time to create page: 0.646 seconds