INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Help understanding the log - what happened here?

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I'm not really sure what causes the problem, but it manifests as small adjustments in RA, about 10", at times casuses real runaway slews. What causes this is beyond me, but clearly a firmware issue.

As this is Gemini-firmware, I don't hink it can be realted to your iOptron issue.

Magnus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Corazon
3 years 10 months ago #54699

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
I was wondering too if the telescope location could have been an issue here, but while two *different* locations are set in sequence, that information does not seem wrong (near the Malmö airport for both).

Jo, it seems the indiserver in your screenshot did not succeed in updating its local time. This will certainly break stuff related to LST for the mount.

As an example, for an unknown reason, my setup recently lost its geographical location setting. While it simply shifted longitude to Greenwich, which is quite close to my location (1 degree), the latitude went down to the equator. Because of this, altitude of NCP went to 3 small degrees from the point of view of the mount. The unexpected side-effect was that the safety zone configured for the horizon triggered at surprising places to stop mount tracking. And Ekos/Scheduler is not that good at restoring tracking...

In any case, congratulations to Jasem for this live debugging!

-Eric
3 years 10 months ago #54702

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

Two different locations? How do you mean, in my log files?

Yeah, a huge thanks to Jasem and to Chris!!!

Magnus
3 years 10 months ago #54707

• Thank you received: 138
Yes, once we could extract a log showing the relevant information i.e. what commands were sent to the mount and what it did it was obvious. Absolutely nothng to do with Ekos. Everything to do with the mount.

The thing to remember is that correlation does not imply causation. Two things happening together need not be related.

None the less I think the Meridian flip enhancements should go. I am sick and tired of having to waste time defending them from random posts blaming them for everything except possibly bad weather.

Perhaps you should all start thinking before posting fake news.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Corazon, Jim S.
3 years 10 months ago #54721

• Thank you received: 9

I am a future G11 user (as soon as I save a few more pennies :) ) Anyway I have read a few other posts on the Losmandy user group after following this post. Thank you all for the heads up Chris, Jasem and Magnus !

groups.io/g/Losmandy_users/topic/29574555#62167

groups.io/g/Losmandy_users/topic/32858271#63456
Celestron CGX, QSI683 Astrodon Gen 2 E series LRGB, Ha, OIII, ES102CF, ZWO-ASI178MC, 60mm guide scope, Pegasus Focus Cube 2, Feather Touch Focuser.
3 years 10 months ago #54722

For a future G11 user, this thread has enlightened me, I know it has been a pain for you and Jasem but it has been helpful to me and who knows who else going forward !
Celestron CGX, QSI683 Astrodon Gen 2 E series LRGB, Ha, OIII, ES102CF, ZWO-ASI178MC, 60mm guide scope, Pegasus Focus Cube 2, Feather Touch Focuser.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Jim S..
3 years 10 months ago #54723

• Thank you received: 138
Are you really still a 'future G11 user'?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim S.
3 years 10 months ago #54747

Yeah I can see where I might be seen as masochistic... Maybe I need to really think this one over? :huh:
3 years 9 months ago #54841

• Thank you received: 301

Probably you have one in the indi config and one slightly different in the kstars geo conf. Not something you should worry about though. Check your log, when the indi mount driver is connecting.

-Eric
3 years 9 months ago #54866

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds