INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

SX-AO info needed

• Thank you received: 2

SX-AO info needed was created by Mike S

Hello - Can anyone please point me to a tutorial or written manual or similar on the use of the SX AO device in Ekos? I've looked but can't find anything specific to the device.

Thanks very much!
Mike
3 years 10 months ago #54446

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic SX-AO info needed

I'm not sure if Ekos internal autoguider supports adaptive optics. But it does support PHD2 as an external autoguider. And PHD2 does support adaptive optics.
3 years 10 months ago #54451

Replied by Mike S on topic SX-AO info needed

Thank you. Ekos does, in fact, internally support this device.

Can anyone please point me to some documentation? I recall that there is one person in particular who developed this support - if only I remembered who!

Thanks
Mike
3 years 10 months ago #54472

• Thank you received: 133

Replied by Peter Sütterlin on topic SX-AO info needed

Checking the source file (sxao.cpp) and its changelog lists Peter Polakovic <peter.polakovic AT cloudmakers DOT eu> as original author....
3 years 10 months ago #54574

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic SX-AO info needed

There is no proper support yet for AO in Ekos Guide module, maybe someone can help add it properly. I worked on some preliminary support before at a basic level and stopped there since I don't have AO and appears to be very few who has one anyway. You can use the driver with PHD2, but not with Ekos now.
3 years 10 months ago #54604

Replied by Mike S on topic SX-AO info needed

I see... This is confusing since:
1) You can select the SX AO as an adaptive optics device within the Ekos internal INDI control panel
2) You can select the SX AO as a 'via' device when using the internal guider in Ekos
3) It says this on the Ekos front page: Built-in native Auto Guiding with support for automatic dithering between exposures and support for Adaptive Optics devices in addition to traditional guiders.

But, I understand and do appreciate all that Kstars/Ekos has to offer. I will start to experiment with PDH2.

Mike
3 years 10 months ago #54610

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic SX-AO info needed

Yes, it would try to send pulses but the internal guider now does not try to utilize the AO for smaller corrections while sending the larger corrections to the mount as a fallback. There is probably quite a bit of work to get this working in a reasonable fashion. If you have programming experience, now would be a good time to contribute this bit to KStars!
3 years 10 months ago #54611

Time to create page: 0.663 seconds