INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Did the indi_webcam_ccd go away in the MacOS build?

• Thank you received: 20
I see it in the 2.9.8 build but not in the 3.4.3 build. Is it no longer available?
3 years 9 months ago #55040

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
No it definitely did not go away. I think the option to build it was turned off when I made the last DMG, sorry about that. Of course, since I wrote the Webcam driver, I am sad that I forgot to include it. That was my mistake and I will make sure it gets back into the next one!
3 years 9 months ago #55046

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll try to have my webcam ready by the time the next build is released.
3 years 9 months ago #55047

• Thank you received: 2
Not sure if it helps you, but if you switch mode from local to remote Indi webcam is an option in the drop down.
3 years 9 months ago #55077

That had me going, too. It appears, and has an icon indicating it is remote, but then you need to actually have it on the remote machine. I have the same version on both the local and remote machines, so neither one has the file.
3 years 9 months ago #55079

• Thank you received: 2
Ahhh, thought it was worth a mention, I couldn't test it to see if it actually worked.
3 years 9 months ago #55080

It was definitely worth mentioning. Thanks!
3 years 9 months ago #55082

• Thank you received: 809
It is good to know that the driver I made is getting used though it sucks that I forgot it in this version.
3 years 9 months ago #55085

I bought a $20.00 webcam to use on the 80mm finder that I haven't looked through since I started using Indi. Then my scope electronics caught fire, so it's down until factory repairs are complete. I thought I would do all of those astronomy related projects that I didn't have time for. The webcam is one of them. I'm weeks from having it ready and months from having a scope to put it on, so I'm not bothered that the module is missing. I'm just glad there is one. I remember it being a very good implementation. Thank you for that.
3 years 9 months ago #55089

Time to create page: 1.417 seconds