INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars/Ekos Crashes "EKos Detected an instance of INDI server running"

• Thank you received: 16
Hello,

I am having another issue with crashing now. I am trying to just run the simulators. I get the pop up "Ekos detected an instance of INDI servers running". I click "Yes" and then Kstars Crashes. I have posted the log below. Thanks!

File Attachment:

File Name: log_06-12-24.txt
File Size:4 KB
3 years 10 months ago #55560
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Run it via gdb
gdb -ex run kstars

If KStars crashes, type in bt to get the backtrace and post it here.
3 years 10 months ago #55563

• Thank you received: 16
I have no idea what I did. But this time around while I deleted the folder in application support and reinstalled kstars/ekos it worked. I am back to a full reset essentially. Everything connects and I have not had any instances of crashing yet.. So for now I am not going to do anything.

Just for clarification, since I am not a heavy computer user(I dont even know how to use terminal really).When you say type in bt, where doI type that into? Do I open terminal? Or is there a different location where this needs to be typed in?
3 years 10 months ago #55564

• Thank you received: 182
Yes, you do this in the terminal.

GDB is a debug program that will give Jasem detailed information where exactly during kstars execution the problem occurs. That will allow him to fix it.

The first command starts GDB ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Debugger ) and records the kstars execution steps and details to a file, the second command ( bt ) will backtrace the stack and show where the problem occurred.
3 years 10 months ago #55568

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds