INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars/Ekos goto speed unaffected by eqmod driver settings

• Thank you received: 0
I really enjoy using the combination of Kstars/Ekos running on my Macbook and indiserver running on a RPi wirelessly connected to my network for several months now. Sometimes, it crashes out of the blue, but apart from that, almost everything just works :)
However, I have never found out how to adjust the Goto speed of the mount ( EQ-5 with AstroEQ controller ). I can adjust the slew rate in the INDI control panel / EQMOD driver - and I can setup a "custom speed" and it works fine with the manual motion control interface, but the Goto speed (using Kstars Goto) is fixed to a low rate - probably around 64x (my best guess ). What am I missing here? Is there another place to setup this Goto speed - apart from adjusting the slew rate in the motion tab for the EQMOD driver in the INDI control panel?
3 years 10 months ago #55565

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4
I have been successfully using KStars/EKOS with the Astroberry suite since April of this year. I have noticed too that changing the custom speed under the mount tab (I use a Sky-Watcher NEQ6 Pro) doesn't change the speed of the GO-TOs, only the slewing speed with the arrow buttons or the joystick. This time of the year people (neighbours) sleep with their windows open and due to how much noise the mount makes at its maximum speed, it would be nice if the speed of the GO-TOs could be changed. Anyone has an idea on how to do that? Maybe I am trying to set it in the wrong places, but even the INDI EQMod documentation states that the Custom SLEW speed is to affect the speed of the GO-TOs (going from one object to the other), but no matter how low a value I input there, the GO-TOs are always performed at maximum speed.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!
3 years 9 months ago #56085

• Thank you received: 0
I was asking myself the same thing for a few hours this morning. From the research I did, I believe it is not an issue with EKOS, but with Synscan. I dont believe it can be adjusted.

From EKOS you can adjust the slew speed (as well as from your SynScan controller) so the only alternative I see for now is to slew manually to the position you want to go (ie: arrow buttons or joystick) and if required, do the fine-tuning with GoTo.

Hope I am wrong and there is a better way, but I doubt it.
Mounts: EQ6R-Pro, StarAdventurer
Imaging: SW Evostar 80ED & SW 200PDS, ZWO ASI 1600MM-PRO
Guiding: SvBony 60mm, ZWO ASI 120MCS
Accesories: ZWO EFW, ZWO EAF, Pegasus PPBA
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Raul.
3 years 9 months ago #56122

Time to create page: 0.339 seconds