INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EQMOD + moonlite focuser doesn't connect together

• Thank you received: 0

That is awesome! I'll give it a shot when I get the chance, I have some capacitors, but I'm not sure I have exactly 10uF capacitor, do you know if it makes much of a difference?

3 years 9 months ago #55618

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 23
I do not know if other capacitor works. With arduino nano 10uF works, you can do a simple search for arduino block autoreset with your specific board type
3 years 9 months ago #55619

• Thank you received: 23
once that the code has been loaded you can connect the capacitor, if you need to reflash you have to disconnect it
3 years 9 months ago #55620

Yes I'm aware of this, thanks a lot for all the help! :)
3 years 9 months ago #55623

• Thank you received: 301
If, if, if your problem is that the mount and focuser switch /dev names randomly, write an udev rule to assign an explicit symlink to the device from its usb identifiers.

This is unfortunately not for the faint of heart, but an example can be found here: github.com/TallFurryMan/astro-slave/udev. Disclaimer: this is advanced system configuration, it is not an up-to-date representation of what I use and you will need to adapt the parameters to your own setup. This combined with driver configuration files enables deterministic device connection behavior.

-Eric
3 years 9 months ago #55636

• Thank you received: 74
Just to add that many Ard Nano are clones which use CH340G /Prolific and other cheap chips which all have the same problem - They do not have a unique serial number so if you have 2 or more chips of the same type it is impossible (other than position) to write Udev rules for such devices. You can see this if you do a lsusb linux.die.net/man/8/lsusb . However as Eric has said this is something "not for the faint hearted" and i would suggest you the changes on a copy of your SD card (or take a backup first) and takes a little time to get your head around. Of course after doing the "udev by position" you will ALWAYS have to plug the device into the same port/hub.

Simpler way,if this is the problem, buy an genuine FDTI chiped device that has a unique serial number - for the Ard Nano the code will of course not need to be altered but most likely you will need the Autoreset /cap trick :-) - I did and the problem went totally away
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
3 years 9 months ago #55647

So.....I tried it with a 100nF capacitor, it seems like it does prevent auto reset as I wasn't able to upload firmware with it, and I was able without it.
But when I tried connecting the indi drivers, still that didn't work, I'm not really sure what the issue is :\

Any other ideas?
Thanks.
3 years 9 months ago #55906

• Thank you received: 74
What does the command line command LSUSB (lowercase) produce when all your hardware is connected - doesn't have to be running any software just powered on.

Look thru the "system" logs - filter errors which have anything to do with USB - does anything stand out?
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
3 years 9 months ago #55908

Time to create page: 1.247 seconds