INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI ZWO 6200mm Error in consecutive frames

• Thank you received: 0
I have seemed to notice this bug when I take multiple consecutive frames with this camera, the first frame always is fine, but the second frame will be like this ( see attached screen shot of FITS image) you can see the image data is clipped, the FITS header appears fine. I have found I can resolve this if I either disconnect/re-connect to the camera or if I stay connected but take a short exposure (0.01s seems to work fine) that short exposure seems to resolve it then I can take another exposure that is my normal length and its fine again. Disconnecting each time would be a OK work around except then I have to re-cool the camera each time which wastes a lot of time waiting for it to settle again. Any ideas on what is going on? I also have a ATIK camera and have never seen this behavior using the same python code.
3 years 9 months ago #56213
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
I noticed issues with the images of my ASI6200 when I connect the camera to a USB 2 port. On USB 3 (on my RPi 4) I have no issues at all.

HTH, Wouter
3 years 9 months ago #56233

• Thank you received: 0
Hmm I did verify it is in a USB 3.0 port and is registering at the correct speed so that doesn't seem to be it...
3 years 9 months ago #56235

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds