INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New Internal Guider Features

• Thank you received: 559
Thanks. Looking at the new guidelogs with phdlogview is really cool. Try it out, and, as I said, feel free to send me such a log as well.

If you want to see the per-iteration GPG timing, if you have debug logging for guide enabled, you can just grep in your log for lines that looks like this:
[2020-07-26T01:31:20.862 PDT DEBG ][     org.kde.kstars.ekos.guide] - "GPG: elapsed 0.018s. RA in -0.304846, result: -0.192558 * 210.457 --> -40.5252 : len 40 dir 1"

As far as SEP timing goes, it's not currently logged, but I just added such a log statement to an MR I currently have in to Jasem:
invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/merge_requests/44
If you compile from source before that gets merged, just make the few changes in guidestars.cpp and then you could grep for a line looking similar to this:
[2020-07-27T19:54:11.006 PDT DEBG ][     org.kde.kstars.ekos.guide] - "Multistar: findTopStars returning: 15 stars, 0.02s"

Hy
3 years 8 months ago #57420

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 94
Hy
The new merge doesn't build:

[ 5%] Built target KStarsLib_autogen
[ 5%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/ekos/guide/guideview.cpp.o
/home/steve/Projects/kstars/kstars/ekos/guide/guideview.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void GuideView::drawOverlay(QPainter*, double)’:
/home/steve/Projects/kstars/kstars/ekos/guide/guideview.cpp:20:55: warning: unused parameter ‘scale’ [-Wunused-parameter]
void GuideView::drawOverlay(QPainter *painter, double scale)
^~~~~
/home/steve/Projects/kstars/kstars/ekos/guide/guideview.cpp: In member function ‘void GuideView::drawNeighbor(QPainter*, const GuideView::Neighbor&)’:
/home/steve/Projects/kstars/kstars/ekos/guide/guideview.cpp:71:40: error: ‘hypot’ is not a member of ‘std’
const double lineLength = std::hypot(fabs(dx), fabs(dy));
^~~~~
/home/steve/Projects/kstars/kstars/ekos/guide/guideview.cpp:71:46: error: ‘fabs’ was not declared in this scope
^~~~
/home/steve/Projects/kstars/kstars/ekos/guide/guideview.cpp:71:46: note: suggested alternative: ‘labs’
^~~~
labs
/home/steve/Projects/kstars/kstars/ekos/guide/guideview.cpp:79:23: error: ‘hypot’ is not a member of ‘std’
f1 = std::hypot(rBox, fabs(dy) * rBox / fabs(dx)) / lineLength;
^~~~~
/home/steve/Projects/kstars/kstars/ekos/guide/guideview.cpp:84:23: error: ‘hypot’ is not a member of ‘std’
f1 = std::hypot(rBox, fabs(dx) * rBox / fabs(dy)) / lineLength;
^~~~~
kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/build.make:2883: recipe for target 'kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/ekos/guide/guideview.cpp.o' failed
make[3]: *** [kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/ekos/guide/guideview.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:432: recipe for target 'kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/all' failed
make[2]: *** [kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/all] Error 2
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:405: recipe for target 'kstars/CMakeFiles/kstars.dir/rule' failed
make[1]: *** [kstars/CMakeFiles/kstars.dir/rule] Error 2
Makefile:279: recipe for target 'kstars' failed
make: *** [kstars] Error 2
3 years 8 months ago #57431

Please try to pull against, just pushed a fix for this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alacant
3 years 8 months ago #57440

Thanks. It builds fine now.
Cheers

**EDIT
Here's a screenshot of it in action. It's working fine but the stars are now very difficult to see. previously they had been brighter on the guide image.
Not a problem. Just curious...
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by alacant.
3 years 8 months ago #57443
Attachments:

Steve,

Can you check and see if the stretch in your guideview is turned off?
It's the 5th item from the left in those 5 small faint icons in the guide view.
If you mouse over it, it should say "Toggle Stretch".
Hy
3 years 8 months ago #57450

Thanks Hy. Yeah, that was toggled off.
Cheers,
Steve
3 years 8 months ago #57451

Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by alacant.
3 years 8 months ago #57452

• Thank you received: 102
Hy,

It seems I may have unfairly blamed the recent changes for the unresponsiveness of Ekos. You pointed me in the right direction. dmesg did indeed show a lot of undervoltage detected warnings. I had everythingplugged into the built-in USB ports. So I just now put everything on a Startech USB3 powered hub, and all the undervoltage problems went away. Ekos no longer has fits of unresponsiveness, although I was only able to test for about 2 minutes between clouds, until the clouds completely took over.

I should be able to test out the reusable calibrations over the next night or two. Forecast looks good.

Kevin
3 years 7 months ago #57483

• Thank you received: 57
Hy,

Thanks for your great work on the internal guider!

In the post below from last week, you emphasize the need to check the "reverse DEC on pier-side change" correctly.

Apparently I have the wrong value of this, because my guiding runs away in DEC immediately after a pier flip.

For the life of me I can't FIND this checkbox in the UI.

Can you give me a hint as to where to look for the box?

Scott
3 years 7 months ago #57593

Sure, see this screenshot.
You go to the guider tab, click on the Options in the bottom right corner, then click on the Calibration section (near the upper left of that popup), and then the checkbox is the bottom checkbox on the pop-up page.
3 years 7 months ago #57595
Attachments:

Hy, everyone

Would it be useful to have a list of mounts and whether the reverse Dec is needed? E.g.
Indi-eqmod: unchecked
Indi-whatever the op used: checked
etc...

Cheers,
Steve
3 years 7 months ago #57596

• Thank you received: 57
Thank you!

Turns out this option is not available in 3.4.3 "bleeding," only in "nightly." I will switch to the nightly build.
3 years 7 months ago #57599

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds