INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

I think there is a logic problem in the flip_flat driver

• Thank you received: 20
Hi,

Sorry if this is not the correct area. I couldn't find a flip-flat area.

When I open the flip_flat, then try to turn the light on, it says I can't. I'm good with that.
When I turn on the light, open the flip_flat, then try to turn the light off, it says I can't. I'm not so good with that. I have to close the flapper then turn the light off, then open the flapper again.

It seems to me one should either be able to turn off the light with the flapper open, or not be able to open the flapper with the light on. My preference would be the first option. I know this is a little nit-picky, and it really doesn't prevent it from working, but it seems like it needs fixing.

Disclaimer: I don't have a Flip Flat, I just use the commands to control an EL panel, so it _really_ doesn't affect me.
3 years 8 months ago #57306

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Controlling light on/off should be done when it is closed only. I suppose IF you forgot to turn light off and open it, then it should do that... or maybe perhaps it should automatically turn light off on OPEN? I mean, why would need light if open?
3 years 8 months ago #57310

• Thank you received: 20
When Ekos is controlling it, it does it correctly, turning the light off before opening the flap. You have to do it manually to get it in the odd state. I suppose if I were to do it manually I could be expected to do the same as Ekos.
3 years 8 months ago #57330

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds