INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Port is already used error

• Thank you received: 94

Replied by alacant on topic Port is already used error

Hi
Not just a pi issue. This is with Ubuntu 20.04 on a Dell laptop. Same symptoms. The connection sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

eqmod only. All other hardware connects fine first time..

To find the indi version just issue: indiserver
Cheers
2 years 10 months ago #72339

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140
Even with the workaround suggested by Steve, plugging thinks in one at a time, mine still does not work, I plug the mount in, and it’s connects, then the Pegasus UPB this does not connect and the mount then disconnected and neither will work, also I normally have the mount plugged into the UPB, but that is not an issue if I could get them both to connect….
The  mount connects to USB0 then the UPB searches USB1 can’t connect so try’s USB0 which is already being used, this then causes the mount to disconnect and back to square 1….
so have had to ditch the Mount EQMOD cable and use the Bluetooth dongle as that works, as it connects to rfcomm0 and the UPB connects to USB0…and all good…. No idea why this has happened as all was good three days ago before latest updates….
2 years 10 months ago #72340

• Thank you received: 1
@Steve, Whilst I hate these kind of bugs, in a way I am glad it is not just a Raspberry Pi problem. It now means that devs can use almost any architecture to find the problem. Thanks for the update.

@astronerd, I am using astroberry on a Pi4/8GB. Mine too used tp connect. Now it NEVER does no matter what I do.

I am sure a fix will come. These guys are good and know what they are about.

Pete
2 years 10 months ago #72341

@pete
same set up as me, I also have Stellarmate and it’s the same on that too, and the serial port mapper does not work on there anymore, so can’t even use that….. :(
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by AstroNerd.
2 years 10 months ago #72343

So it's a bug then. Trust me a a neophyte astroberry user to trip right over it. AT least the bug is now out in the open and nobody is saying it is a user error. For that alone I am pleased.

On a related subject I issued "indiserver" and it says that I have "INDI Library: 1.8.9" I did "sudo apt upgrade && sudo apt update" and I still have 1.8.9. How can I get to 1.9.0 please?

Thanks again.
Pete
2 years 10 months ago #72344

Hi everyone
I tested with the newest versions and working OK with the latest git:

~/Projects/indi$ git log
commit e5494e1c868720e1aa6451b74ab2c6aaba3bb831

~/Projects/indi-3rdparty$ git log
commit b77182ffc13372446d855bc8f42859648ad1793e

~/Projects/kstars$ git log
commit 286aea8cf8ad1a1981d2c6a404489bb0a23b2c6e

So you don't have to build everything, as well as the latest kstars, I tested with the stable kstars and the indi from git. Still worked OK.
HTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by alacant.
2 years 10 months ago #72351

@pete, you can’t using those commands until @radek upgrades the Astroberry PPA on his side….you will have to build INdI from source for the very latest…
2 years 10 months ago #72352

Ha! I though that is what you would say. I think I shall wait until radek updates the files. I cannot use astroberry with my rig right now anyway so I may as well wait for the fik and then new files. This is not a problem. Thank you for telling me. I have a LOT to learn here.

Pete
2 years 10 months ago #72353

@Pete
Not sure if the is a temporary solution for you, but if you have a laptop running Linux it's easy to build the whole works from the ground up. On an old i3 it took us less than an hour.
Instructions here:
indilib.org/forum/general/210-howto-buil...st-libindi-ekos.html
Cheers,
Steve

The following user(s) said Thank You: Pete Ingram
2 years 10 months ago #72361

@Steve,

Thanks very much.. I actually downloaded kubuntu-20.04.2.0-desktop yesterday with the intent of putting that on an old Dell E6420 laptop I have here so you post was both timely and helpful.

For the next week I am reverting to Windows 10 since I have another laptop with a known and stable install on it and I really want to see the twinkly bits this weekend.

My end goal is to have the Pi 4/8GB back on the scope and working. That way I just VNC into it from anywhere. Yo see I am at the start of building my own Roll-off-roof observatory. Right no I have the concrete pad laid and this September I shall build the building. Right now I have a 1 hour drive to my pad so it is not too much hassle not to have the Pi on the scope.

I hope that radek posts an update fairly soon though.

Question: How will I know when he has done so? Will there be a form announcement or flash banner? Don't wanna miss it.

Again thank you for thinking of me and passing alone that information.
Pete
2 years 10 months ago #72362

Replied by Igor on topic Port is already used error

Old topic but the issue is still not solved. Below is the sequence of steps that worked in my case.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Andreas Rörig
2 years 4 months ago #77904
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Hu Sun on topic Port is already used error

you are a genius!worked for me like a charm for me. I am having exactly the same chip in my USBTTL cable.

Scratching my head for a day, and even teared apart my az gti to check connections, and ripped off the cable to test the if the cable itself worked or not.

I guess ppl having this issue may have got the USB TTL cable ID conflicted with udev rules already in place.
1 year 10 months ago #83489

Time to create page: 0.478 seconds