INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

no more image captures after meridian flip?

• Thank you received: 133
I had some attached to the linked post in the other thread.
Here's the full log from yesterday, with both flips. No debug settings though :( After the first one worked I had assumed it had been fixed....
3 years 7 months ago #57924
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
The log looks good, the counting around the meridian flip is appropriate. Before MF, image #29 is completed and after MF, it continues with image #30.

Could you please list the file names of the R frames? There should be 33 R frames.available due to the log file
3 years 7 months ago #57927

That was a test run, without guiding (which is why I replied here). That was indeed successful.
But there's a second MF around 01:20/01:22. That is 'real' observations, with guiding (PHD2).
There it saves file Light_073.fits before the flip, and (again) Light_073.fits after the flip as "Received image 74 out of 200."
The Ha directory contains 199 files (not 200), and the time stamps show the 01:22 file is missing, and has been overwritten by the 01:25 one:
woodstock:Ha% l Light_07[234].fits
-rw-r--r-- 1 pit users 32785920 Aug  8 01:19 Light_072.fits
-rw-r--r-- 1 pit users 32785920 Aug  8 01:25 Light_073.fits
-rw-r--r-- 1 pit users 32785920 Aug  8 01:27 Light_074.fits
3 years 7 months ago #57929

There must be something special with your situation. In my session last night no image got lost.

As a fast workaround I would recommend selecting the time stamp option for the filename. This way the older one with the same number does not get overwritten.

Fur further investigation I need a log on the verbose level.

One thought: are the other files in the directory besides the image files?
3 years 7 months ago #57979

Hmm, yes indeed there's other files, for each FITS there's a .wcs file, from my Live Stacking. But IIRC for the first case reported in the other thread I didn't have that running, then it would have been only the files of the running sequence.
The other difference between the two cases reported here was that the second one had no target name, i.e., only "Light_<number>.fits".
I'll try to get a verbose log tonight and figure out which of those conditions causes the problem....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wolfgang Reissenberger
3 years 7 months ago #57982

So it's linked to guiding somehow. I just ran two MFs. First one guided (PHD2) inclusive dithering. It overwrote one file again. Second one was done without guiding/dithering (and also had no target name defined). This time, frame number was advanced, no overwrite occured.
The log is attached, with verbose dbg. However, there's not really much more info in it seems. Have I enabled the wrong debug? I did 'capture', 'alignment' and 'fits'.
Do you need other modules?
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Peter Sütterlin.
3 years 7 months ago #58019
Attachments:

OK, at least the log confirms that it overwrites the same file. Could you please turn on the debugging for all EKOS modules, at least including guiding and scheduler?

Btw: are you using the scheduler?
3 years 7 months ago #58020

No, this is without scheduler, just starting from the capture module.
3 years 7 months ago #58021

So, here's one with full debug enabled. Guiding is extremely verbose though...
Also, it didn't do an alignment this time after the flip - likely because I didn't align before? Is that intended behavior?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wolfgang Reissenberger
3 years 7 months ago #58022
Attachments:

Thanks for the logs, I'll take a look tomorrow.Yepp, it only aligns after a meridian flip if an alignment has happened after the last slew.
3 years 7 months ago #58023

I think I found the place where it happens. Do you have a limit set for guiding deviations?
3 years 7 months ago #58025

No, the box is not checked. Only focus, via Temperature and a timer. Should I do a run with some limit in place? Would be tomorrow though, as I've now started regular observations (with timestamps enabled ;^>)
3 years 7 months ago #58026

Time to create page: 1.170 seconds