INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Fedora bleeding packages for INDI/Kstars/INDI-3rdparty rides again!

1 week 2 days ago
xsnrg
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Fedora bleeding packages for INDI/Kstars/INDI-3rdparty rides again! #57545
Greetings friends,

First I want to thank @lupinix for all the work that was done to make fresh versions of INDI, kstars, and drivers available to the community.

I am happy to let you all know that Fedora packages based on recent git master branches are available again. I decided to use Fedora Copr to build and deploy RPM packages for kstars, INDIlib and 3rdparty drivers. You can find more information here:

Fedora packages

The ekos debugger is also available.

My goal for the Coprs are to keep them up to date with merges to master branches across kstars, INDI, and 3rd-party drivers. This is currently a manual process. I will be working on getting git hooks set up where possible to trigger new builds, and would like to change the package names to match the git hashes from the original source repos.

The goal is also to do this additional work behind the scenes, so that once you have set the Copr up, you should receive the latest packages without caring if I did it, or it was automatic.

The 3rd party drivers have been packaged in RPMs as of tonight, with a couple exceptions. There are a couple packages that require additional 3rd party libraries that are not included in indi-3rd-party. I will still work on these if there is interest, so please do not hesitate to send me a note and let me know.

One final note, as these are "bleeding", I would also like to open it up to the development community, and offer to build packages for any repos you might have with drivers that have not made it to the main stream yet. It will probably make sense to make a new Copr of "experimental-bleeding" nature for this. If this is of interest to anyone doing driver development, please let me know.

Finally, I am one person. My repos for the spec files and any patches are on github, and I would be very happy to add any developers to the projects that have an interest.

If anyone has questions, please let me know. If any packages do not work, please open a bug report against that repo on github, or let me know here.

Pull requests / Merge requests are always welcome.

Jim

12" pier with HDX110 using EQMod
ASI 1600 mono/color mains with ASI290MM in off-axis
ASI filter wheel
Moonlite focusers for the sharpening
AT115EDT w/.8x for the light
Fedora Linux, 100% INDI
The following user(s) said Thank You knro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 week 2 days ago
knro
Administrator
Administrator
Fedora bleeding packages for INDI/Kstars/INDI-3rdparty rides again! #57555
Great job Jim! We finally have up to date packages for Fedora again. is this going to require a lot of maintenance on your side?

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

1 week 2 days ago
xsnrg
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Fedora bleeding packages for INDI/Kstars/INDI-3rdparty rides again! #57577
The heavy work is done now, I think. For updates, it is just increasing a version number and kicking off a new build. Even this part I am looking to automate with the webhooks and use of the git hash as part of the version string.

For example, today we have version 1.8.6.git-1, where the -1 will change to -2 for the next update. This allows a simple dnf update on systems using RPMs to grab the latest. The next step is instead to make this look like 1.8.6.<git short hash> for the version. The short hash should come directly from the upstream master. If I can achieve this, then everything becomes automated. A push to master means a new set of corresponding packages for that repo.

JIm

12" pier with HDX110 using EQMod
ASI 1600 mono/color mains with ASI290MM in off-axis
ASI filter wheel
Moonlite focusers for the sharpening
AT115EDT w/.8x for the light
Fedora Linux, 100% INDI

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds