INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Can't change mount driver

• Thank you received: 0
I can't change the mount driver from LX200 (which is top of the list) to CGEM using KSTARS/EKOS. No matter which configuration I create, it always defaults to LX200, which I'm not using.

I've tried creating custom drivers, deleting profiles and recreating them, etc. Seems this software only wants to work with one mount. Sad.
3 years 8 months ago #57713

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Perhaps you could tell us more about how you try to do this. What OS do you use and which version of KStars? Can you create some screenshots and post them here so we can see what's happening?
3 years 8 months ago #57717

This happens even if you create a new profile?
3 years 8 months ago #57719

Yes, even when I create a new profile. I've even tried deleting a reinstalling KStars-Bleeding. The selection of driver does seem to work correctly when using the iPhone app, but not on Mint 19.3. Kstars version is 2020-07-20T-13:52:47Z.
3 years 8 months ago #57729
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 20
Maybe a silly question, but do you have LX200 set as the telescope on the remote server? I have similar results, only with the ccd, when I have the ccd simulator on the server and try to run SBIG on the client.

Dave
3 years 8 months ago #57733

I was finally able to load the proper driver. I deleted KStars-Bleeding from the command line using the remove command. Then used the purge command to delete any related files.
Then reinstalled KStars-Bleeding. Then used the hardware wizard to detect the hardware. This seems to give a repeatable configuration, even after turning on and off the computer.
3 years 8 months ago #57787

Time to create page: 0.947 seconds