INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

PHD2 can't be used as guider in KStars 3.4.3

• Thank you received: 33

dmsummers, I tried this procedure but I couldn't make it work

I probably made a mistake (see the attached guide log)

However using INDI Server + PHD2 with Predictive PEC / Period Length = 200 + "Auto-adjust Period", the period value settled to 1441,54 sec after a guiding of 2h 30mn.

My mount is a Celestron CGE Pro
3 years 7 months ago #57912
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 117
@JCJ: Venturing an educated guess, but I think there's no way you have a 1441 second PE. That result should be viewed as suspicious (either as a software bug or algorithm problem). When I opened your log in the LogViewer and analyzed the long 2.5 hour guide period, I see a 390 second PE with a magnitude of 1.5 arcsecs. Not sure if you've already run a PPEC run on your mount or not, but if not, I'd suggest it. Beyond the 390 second period, you have some minor increased error (> 0.5 arcsecs) between 100 secs and 390; probably nothing to worry about unless you want peak performance. If this is a raw mount output (no PPEC run done), it's pretty nice! My CGX-L raw values are MUCH higher (order of magnitude)! Cheers, Doug

3 years 7 months ago #57936
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 559
As Doug points out, your estimate of 1441s is probably 4 periods, or something like that.
See, for instance, graph 1 in www.firstlightoptics.com/celestron-mount...lestron-cge-pro.html
You might want to start out PPEC or GPG-RA guiding at either the ~390s Doug got, or ~350s like those graphs show,
and let it estimate the period, starting there. See if you wind up with something in the 350-400 range, and if so, uncheck the estimate box and keep that.

I'm curious about your guiding, though. You seem to have really good guiding, interrupted by large spikes of error in RA. E.g.

Do you know what might be causing them? Were the conditions bad? Were you focusing very regularly? ...

Hy
3 years 7 months ago #57953
Attachments:

Doug, I'm afraid I messed the mount mechanically.

Last night I did again a PEC recording and got also fancy curves and period.

I'll get in touch with the repair people.

Thanks,
3 years 7 months ago #58003

• Thank you received: 117
Unless you worked on the hardware, it's hard to believe that you could have done any lasting damage by running/uploading PEC curves. Did you try afterwards to just turn off PEC in the mount HC (assuming you don't like any uploaded file)? If you want to send me a private message, we might be able to sort out what you did and how it went awry. We probably can get you back again without a repair bill....
3 years 7 months ago #58005

Hy, I just saw I sent the msg on the wrong thread but my reply is the same to you as to Doug (www.indilib.org/forum/mounts/7474-averag...rol-files.html#57938).

I think I damaged the RA-gears of the mount (too long to explain the circumstances ). I'll contact the repair people to-morrow.

Thanks for the help and -again- thanks for the beautiful work you've done on the Internal Guider.

Have a nice day.
3 years 7 months ago #58006

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds