INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Solved! Calibration issues with Binned 2x2 images ASI6200

• Thank you received: 139
Posting this here in case someone has experienced this.

I'm facing some calibration issues that I just don't understand. This was first light for me with this camera. I have integrated and processed more than a hundred images on mono and color cameras before this. I'm wondering if binning or metadata is incorrect causing the programs to integrate them wrong. Or maybe I missed something crucial when capturing that makes the frames not compatible.

Here's what I shot:
Lights HA 120s Gain 100 offset 50 Bin2x2
Darks 120s Gain 100 offset 50 Bin2x2
Bias .2s Gain 100 offset 50 Bin2x2
Flats HA 25k 1.39s ADU Gain 100 offset 50 Bin2x2
FlatDarks HA1.39s ADU Gain 100 offset 50 Bin2x2

This is my calibrated result every time. I've tried calibration with bias, flat darks, and both loaded in. I've tried flat ADU values ranging from 2k to 25k resulting in no difference. I've processed with Pixinsight, and with Astro Pixel Processor. I'm wondering if the Binning has something to do with things being read incorrectly, as that's the only difference I'm seeing compared to other users.

Here's a link to 1 frame of each of the above in case someone can find a discrepancy in the exposures, gain, or metadata leading to the issue.
www.dropbox.com/s/qd6klnmv5njf755/Frames.zip?dl=0

Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Andrew Burwell.
3 years 7 months ago #57940
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 139
Solved! Turns out the offset on my darks and flats and lights did not match. Had no idea offset made this strange outcome. The new integrated image of the Wizard Nebula in HA shot with Chroma 3nm filter.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
3 years 7 months ago #57955
Attachments:

That's absolutely stunning Andrew, great job!
3 years 7 months ago #57987

• Thank you received: 41
Hi,

Wow the camera looks amazing.
The offset value makes a huge difference in calibration if your usual calibration masters don't match. I found this out recently with my 294MCPro. Massive clipping after calibration in my case. Glad that you sorted it out quickly.

Mike
3 years 7 months ago #57989

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds