INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Libraw19 and libraw20 conflict in 1.8.6?

• Thank you received: 1
I'm Linux sysadmin and i know what force an install is bad ;-)
A day or another the system will be broken.
3 years 7 months ago #58785

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
As far as I can tell libraw20 comes from the INDI PPA.
3 years 7 months ago #58787

• Thank you received: 19

It sure does ;-)

I carried out a --force-conflicts install of libraw20.

So now apt is broken but theoretically I could install kstars-bleeding et al manually. Removing libraw20 restores apt functionality to normal.

At any rate, libraw19 and libraw20 do not have any conflicting files, which I was able to confirm with 'dpkg-query -L'.

It comes down to the fact that libraw20's control file has 'Conflicts' and 'Replaces' entries against libraw19, while the latter has no such entries against any prior versions of libraw.

So would there be any harm in just deleting those entries in libraw20's control file to allow installation to proceed?
3 years 7 months ago #58798

IIRC, I added Conflicts and Replaces because there were indeed conflicts, maybe in the development files I don't exactly remember. I'd be more than happy to make it install alongside libraw19 if someone figures out a way for them to live happily togeather.
3 years 7 months ago #58800

• Thank you received: 0
Worked for me. Installed it from a modified deb, apt keeps wanting to update it from the one in the ppa but it won't as long as the conflict is still there.
3 years 7 months ago #58801

• Thank you received: 133

Yes, the devel files will conflict. The usual way is to split this in two parts, one with only the libs (i.e., libraw19, libraw20 containing libraw.so.XX and libraw_r.so.XX), and one, unversioned, with the devel files (headers, unversioned .so link), libraw-dev. Those will conflict, and there it is fine to replace the earlier version, as one usually wants to compile against the latest version. But normal users probably wouldn't install the devel part anyhow...
3 years 7 months ago #58805

The development package is actually required to build KStars in the PPA, hence this conundrum.
3 years 7 months ago #58807

Sure, but the dependencies should only be that libraw-dev (version 20) requires libraw20 and replaces libraw-dev (version <=19). libraw20 however should not replace earlier versions, so that you can keep different versions of the library in parallel (which is the idea behind using librawXX instead of just libraw).
3 years 7 months ago #58810

The debian files are located here: git.launchpad.net/~mutlaqja/+git/packaging/tree/libraw

If you can get BOTH libraw20 and libraw-dev to install gracefully alongside libraw19, please post the necessary patch so I can apply it.
3 years 7 months ago #58811

As Aurneth suggests, it seems it is only the two lines
Conflicts: libraw19
Replaces: libraw19
in the control file (section libraw20) that should just be deleted. But I have no Debian system (and only guess this from similarities to the SPEC files of rpm)
3 years 7 months ago #58816

Also, it would appear, gimp, shotwell and my own :(

James
3 years 7 months ago #58881

Meanwhile, is there a way to install the previous releases of indi-full and kstars-bleeding to avoid this problem?

James
3 years 7 months ago #58882

Time to create page: 1.339 seconds